A Tablecloth Curtain for Storage Issues and My Experience with Countertop Paint!


Happy Wednesday Friends! Do you have an awkward storage space that always looks cluttered even after you have organized it?  I have a simple solution--add a tablecloth curtain! 


Vintage tablecloth curtain


Over the years, I've added curtains to remedy various storage issues so I don't know why it hadn't occurred to me before for my laundry room.  Once I had my Ah-hah moment, I decided to use one of my vintage tablecloths and simply chose the one that fit the shelves best. Tablecloths make great no-sew curtains--the edges are finished and you can just clip on curtain rings!  First I painted my storage shelves and allowed them to dry overnight before returning the organized storage items.  Then I used an inexpensive spring tension rod to fit at the top of the highest shelf.  Once the curtain rings were clipped on, the tablecloth curtain was ready to hang. No more cluttered looking shelves! 


Vintage tablecloth curtain


Here's a view of the curtained storage next to my new herb drying station and painted countertop.  Which brings me to the  paint...


Vintage tablecloth curtain


I had seen Rust-Oleum countertop paint and was curious, so when I was buying my wall paint and saw there was a comparable shade, I decided to try it.  I do love the color, Light Ash which was true to the color chart on the can.  Would I use it again? Probably not! Here's why: First, though I followed the directions explicitly, it was a pain to work with. Fortunately, the appearance did improve with each coat except for the fact that it is supposed to be a satin finish and the finished result is a very high gloss! It works in this room, but I would have hated it anywhere else.  Anyway, that's my two cents--lesson learned! 


Countertop paint tutorial


I would love to hear from anyone else who painted countertops!


Refreshed laundry room






You may also enjoy:


Washer and dryer bling



Transform a tiny laundry room





Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I took all the pictures I could while I painted my kitchen countertops... but I have yet to find the time to write a tutorial. But... it turned out great and has held up really well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablecloth/ curtain is lovely. Great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a no-sew project! That vintage tablecloth makes a great curtain. I have been toying with the idea of trying a concrete application to a bathroom countertop, but so far I haven't worked up the nerve to start ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The counter top looks good. Maybe some of the shine will go away as it ages. I would have been nervous doing that. That table cloth made a very pretty drape.
    Good job Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would be afraid t paint a countertop. Let us know how it does with use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tablecloth cover up idea! The color looks great on your counter top, but I can see the shine too. Great job anyway, lol. Thanks for sharing at VIP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecile your laundry room has turned into a work of art! I'm sure that you just love doing wash in there. Awesome job. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you used a vintage tablecloth. I love it...so nostalgic looking. Ok, I did not know that clip on curtain rings existed so that opens up a whole bunch of decorating ideas. I am wondering how that painted counter top is going to hold up! It all looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the tablecloth curtain! It looks like your whole blog is filled with thrifty and creative ideas. I'm going to have a look around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet and such a lovely idea, my friend :) Thank you for sharing your loveliness with Roses of Inspiration. I hope you're able to join us again this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tablecloth curtain looks gorgeous in your laundry room. I must say I love your little corner with the pretty basket, lovely chandelier and the framed blackboard with the cool quote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love old tablecloths and they make so many cute things like curtains, pillows, etc. Love yours! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!