Friday's Find: Vintage Jewelry!

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Today's treasure is shiny and sparkly and makes me smile...Vintage jewelry! This elegant rhinestone necklace was tucked inside the display case of a little church affiliated thrift store I discovered over twenty years ago when I was new to the community. It is currently one of my weekly stops with its user friendly jewelry counter equipped with a mirror and helpful volunteer who pulls out requested pieces and waits patiently as they are tried and decisions are made.  Like many Vintage pieces, this necklace offers timeless style and not one stone is missing. It lays beautifully and is absolutely gorgeous on.  For the grand sum of $2.35, that's a lot of bling for my buck-- not to mention, the volunteers gingerly wrapped each piece in tissue as though they were handling diamonds! 


vintage necklace




Can you believe I found this delicate needlepoint brooch in the same case? It cost me all of $3.00.  My eyes and fingers hurt just thinking about the work involved in creating this tiny masterpiece! From my research, I found that many of these were made in the 1940s-50s.  Was it once a treasured heirloom or special gift? I can't help but wonder as I picture it worn on a scarf or favorite denim jacket. 


vintage jewelry


What is your favorite jewelry find? Until next time, happy hunting! 


My Thrift Store Addiction signature




party link


Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!