Put a Bird on It!


Hello Friends! Am I the only one who occasionally holds onto random items thinking, "I might use that for something..."?  I will confess that eventually some end up being donated or recycled elsewhere--especially if I happen to catch an episode of Hoarders! However, there are those rare times, when one of those keepers really does serve a purpose and therefore is no longer random. Ages ago, I picked up this Vintage hat stand at a yard sale. I was inexplicably drawn to the ornate free standing metal piece, though I absolutely did not have a use in mind. Enter random item number two; a round brass piece that was stuck in a box of frames a friend gave me. I think it was originally from a chandelier.  Though I started to throw it out more than once, it just looked like the finishing touch to something--again I didn't have a clue as to what...


Repurposed garden art



Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I was shopping the 70% off sale at Hobby Lobby.  When I came across this little white metal bird, it practically sang to me and I just knew that it would fit on that hat stand I'd been saving.  Sure enough--when I stacked the three pieces placing the bird on top, it worked.  I sanded the roughed up edges, and added some fresh white paint which I love against the green herbs.  Voila! A unique garden sculpture for less than $5. Note to self: sometimes those random finds are worth saving after all!  


Repurposed garden art



Do you gravitate toward the random when thrifting?  


My Thrift Store Addiction signature





Party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!