The Third Day of Christmas: DIY Ornament Chandelier


Fa, la, la, la, la Friends! It's our Third Day and I'm glad you are here! Looking for a simple, thrifty way to add instant cheer to your Christmas decor?  All you need is ribbon, ornaments and about thirty minutes to transform your chandelier from ordinary to merry and bright! I chose Vintage turquoise and mercury glass ornaments with sparkly silver ribbon but yours should reflect your own personal style. Rustic, traditional or shabby chic--go for it!


DIY ornament chandelier

There isn't a right or wrong way to go about this, create!  I started with my favorite Vintage ornament right in the center. Next, I positioned two shimmering doves, then the turquoise for contrast.  Cutting ribbon different lengths, hanging and tying, I continued arranging various ornaments until it felt finished. 


DIY ornament chandelier


Here is mine completed.  I love how it sparkles against the twinkling lights of my china cabinet and mirrors my favorite combination of elegance and whimsy.  Sigh of contentment....


DIY ornament chandelier



Nine more days to go, do stop by tomorrow! I would love to see your creations--please share!


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!