In Everything Give Thanks - Garden Tea for Two

Happy Tuesday, Friends! I'm so glad you could join us for the Thanksgiving Tablescape blog hop featuring 18 bloggers and hosted by Rita at Panoply! Let's take a stroll out to my garden where I've set a sweet table for two...

Thanksgiving garden tea

If you hopped over after visiting Ann from At the Corner of Plaid & Paisley, welcome! Pull up a chair to my table. Would you prefer coffee or tea?

Thanksgiving garden tea

An intimate garden tea creates the perfect place for counting your blessings, taking a peaceful pause from cooking, or celebrating a friendship. Even if you're hosting a large family dinner or the weather doesn't permit an outdoor setting, you may enjoy bringing the outdoors inside for your table.

Thanksgiving garden tea

After an extremely dry summer and some long-awaited soaking showers in September, I've been enjoying late garden bloomers. I hung this simple sign as a reminder of one of my favorite Bible verses.

Thanksgiving garden tea
In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

To set my table, I started with a neutral cotton tablecloth featuring a grain sack stripe border.

Thanksgiving garden tea

You may remember the sneak peek of my vintage plate stack if you saw my dressed-up dollar store pumpkin place cards.

Thanksgiving garden tea

Lamb's ear, rosemary, and wildflowers were gathered from the garden to accent nature's bounty...

Thanksgiving garden tea

... and grocery store pears complete the centerpiece. {Find the recipe for my rosemary ginger pear bread, here!

Thanksgiving garden tea

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving garden tea

My Thrift Store Addiction

Thanksgiving garden tea

Next on the hop is Linda from Life and Linda! Enjoy visiting the rest of my talented friends below! 

Thanksgiving garden tea


Living With Thanksgiving - Thankful and Blessed
Everyday Living - Thanksgiving Traditions
Home is Where the Boat Is - Porch Dining with Plaid & Proud Tom Turkey
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Give Thanks
The Painted Apron - Grateful Gathering
Belle Bleu Interiors - A Time to Give Thanks
Red Cottage Chronicles - A Cozy Cottage Thanksgiving Tablescape
The Little Yellow Corner Store - A Northwoods Thanksgiving

My Thrift Store Addiction signature





Would you like to comment?

  1. What a unique and sweet idea! I would love to be sitting in this garden setting, enjoying tea and the surroundings - wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet respite to all the stress and strain of cooking would be to sit in your garden and enjoy the change of weather, the blooms and a garden tea. Lovely, Cecilia. Thank you for bringing your cozy ideas to the group on this Thanksgiving blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of an outdoor Thanksgiving tablescape. The blues and yellow/golds are gorgeous, and of course those wonderful transferware mugs and plates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delightful Cecilia! Your garden is a perfect spot to sip, savor and be thankful for your many blessings! I love the colors you used, and the fresh flowers, plants and pears. Your cute pumpkin place cards mimic the shape and color of your teapot! Your rosemary ginger pear bread sounds amazing! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did pin your graphic on my Pretty Ideas for Autumn board. Your setting and table is lovely! I love how the colors in the pears compliment the sage greens and blues on your table. I also want to thank you for the link to your recipe for rosemary ginger pear bread: three of my favorite flavors! I'm linking over there right now to check it out. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet setting for your table Cecilia. Love the blue! The pumpkin place cards are wonderful. Using nature's bounty such as lamb's ear, rosemary, and wildflowers is so smart. Always a pleasure joining you. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea is my absolute favorite beverage and a Thanksgiving tea table set in the garden is the perfect setting. So nice that you were able to use flowers and herbs from your garden to complete the setting. The blue is quite striking with the neutral background allowing the guests to relax. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am pinning your lovely tea table. I love the scripture about giving thanks. Your style is so inviting and has a sweetness. I am fascinated to read your recipe for rosemary ginger pear bread. Sounds lovely. Enjoy your Thanksgiving and nice to blog hop again with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made 7 batches of cookies for our church bazaar today (Then put them in the freezer at church!). Seeing your table set for tea--and a needed break--really appealed to me! I love the carpet of floors and how well the flowers all toned together so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A quiet interval, tucked away in a lovely garden spot looks and sounds wonderful! Add pretty accents and soothing tea and it's just about perfect! May those of us who get a bit frazzled getting ready for a holiday recreate a place such as this. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia, I love Friendly Village by Johnson Brothers, it spans the seasons from fall to winter and is perfect for your garden table. What a wonderful spot to enjoy the beauty and stop and smell the rosemary. 😊 As always it’s a treat to join you at the table and hop with you again. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecilia your table for two is so inviting. I love the colors and your setting is so peaceful. I would love to live close enough to pop over for tea and conversation. Your yellow chairs are a perfect duo with your blue cloth and accents. Pears are a;sp a favorite of mine. And the Bible verse is one I recite daily. ...yes, even when I was ill, because God says in ALL things give thanks...not just the good and happy things. Have a great Thanksgiving my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecilia, how wonderful to set a Thanksgiving tea in your lovely garden. Your table looks beautiful, and I love the Friendly Village pattern. It is always a joy to join you on these hops. I hope that you have a happy Thanksgiving! Shannon @ Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecilia, I love a pretty tea table set in the garden. How nice to have had the September rains and still getting late bloomers. Friendly Village pattern is a favorite. Tea for two is perfect for a little peace and quiet midst all the prep for Thanksgiving. Wishing you a blessed season of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so beautiful! I especially love the Bible verse. It is one of my favorites, too! May God bless you this Thanksgiving season!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanksgiving tea in the garden? How lovely! You live in a magical place...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pretty blue teapot and the ruffled plates. This is such a pretty tea table!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the tea party/. Tea for Marilyn and coffee for Joan and Marion. Thank you for sharing.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cecilia, what a tranquil table and beautiful surroundings to enjoy the holiday. I love the use of a neutral tablecloth that really makes the blue tea pot and plates pop. It is a perfect spot to enjoy your lovely garden, appreciate nature and give thanks for many blessings. Your yellow chairs, pears and bright and cheerful flowers adds such energy and contrast to the tranquil blue. So beautiful. Enjoy this place of serenity for the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cecilia, what a sweet little tea party for Thanksgiving. What a treat to be able to enjoy the outdoors this time of year. I hope you have an enjoyable Thanksgiving!!🧡🦃

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dinner for two in the garden! Definitely something to be thankful for! Especially as I watch the snow fall today! Your teapot with the brightly coloured blooms is so pretty, and I love the lambs ear! The little velvet pumpkins topped with succulents are so cute! I have pinned the ginger pear bread recipe, it sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a lovely table to sit and relax at. We've already had snow this year, so eating outside will be impossible. But one can dream. I love that you mixed lambs' ear plus rosemary into the table setting. I just keep forgetting that I have a huge patch of it outside :)

    Happy Thanksgiving blessing to you sweet lady,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!