Dressed Up Dollar Store Pumpkin Place Cards

Hi there, Friends! It's time for another Creative Craft blog hop hosted by Sara at Birdz of a Feather! Have you ever passed on otherwise pretty decor because of a less-than-desirable detail? Today I'll show you how to "dress up" dollar store pumpkins to create pretty personalized place cards...

dollar store pumpkin place cards

If you hopped over after visiting Donna from Modern on Monticello, welcome! Wasn't her project adorable? I found several of these small pumpkins at Dollar General. While I loved the color, texture, beads, and price, I decided the plastic stem and leaf had to go! 

dollar store pumpkin place cards

You can "dress up" any small pumpkins by embellishing them to suit your taste. If you prefer florals to succulents, check out the fall tablescape I shared last week. To create a similar look, start by removing the undesirables like plastic stems or accents that aren't your style. Next, use glue dots or a glue gun to attach moss or leaves in the bare spot. {You can find more ideas for DIY succulent pumpkins, here!}

dollar store pumpkin place cards

Then
top with a succulent or pretty floral accent. Last, personalize any place card with the names or initials of your guests. {Tip: I used white art pencils to stencil chalkboard cards.}

dollar store pumpkin place cards

Optional: If desired, you can attach the pumpkin to the place card with glue dots or a glue gun. I opted not to because this allows you to change the cards for future guests OR send home the embellished pumpkin as a hostess gift. 

dollar store pumpkin place cards

My Thrift Store Addiction

dollar store pumpkin place cards
Thanks for stopping by! Next on the hop is Jenna at The Painted Apron--you're going to love her spooky craft! Enjoy visiting the rest of my creative friends below: 

Would you like to comment?

  1. What a cute idea for a place setting Cecilia! Love the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a pretty and unusual place card! And these fit that bill perfectly. So pretty! I also love your transfer ware. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty place card. I love all the details you did on it. Great idea. Thanks for sharing, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Cecilia, who wouldn't be thrilled to be able to take home a cute succulent topped pumpkin! I love the way you did the place cards too, so pretty! Great dollar store pumpkin makeover!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just too cute! I would be happy to take these home as a hostess gift. Great idea! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How elegant looking is this personalized place setting and place cards, Cecilia! It is quite lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely way to create a unique place card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecelia,
    These pumpkins are so adorable! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea! The cactus in the pumpkin is so unique looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just gorgeous Cecelia! Featuring when my party opens.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!