Simply Elegant Velvet Pumpkin Fall Tablescape

Happy Tuesday, Friends! I'm delighted to be joining my talented tablescaping friends for the Welcome Fall Tablescape blog hop. Today I'm sharing a simple table featuring elegant velvet pumpkins...

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

If you hopped over visiting our gracious host Rita from Panoply, welcome! Wasn't her creative table setting fun? Last week I shared my Velvet Pumpkins and Milk Glass Autumn Mantel

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

Since the mantel is in my dining room, I decided to continue the same theme for a simple yet elegant tablescape. 

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

I gathered an assortment of handmade velvet pumpkins to create a festive centerpiece, dressing them up with real stems and floral accents. I also added several DIY succulent pumpkins and a milk glass cake stand and vases. 

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

For elegant plate stacks, I layered my vintage Noritake China and a whimsical pattern with gold leaves and tiny birds. Gold flatware and napkins with metallic threads complement the dishes.

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

Handmade place cards, fresh lamb's ear, and homemade vintage candles complete the table.

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

I took advantage of our hot, hot summer to sew more velvet pumpkins, and...

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

...I shopped my home (and garden) for pretty much everything else on the table. 

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

Take a peek at the birdseye view:

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

Here, you can see the table in candle light. 

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

My Thrift Store Addiction

elegant velvet pumpkin tablescape

Thanks so much for stopping by! Next on the hop is Kari from Me and My Captain. You'll be over the moon for her charming table! Enjoy visiting the rest of my creative friends below: 


Me and My CaptainShine On Harvest Moon
Home is Where the Boat IsCusp of Fall with Woodland Friends
Hyacinths for the SoulWhoooo is Ready for Autumn?
The Painted Apron - Early Fall Pumpkin Patch
From My Carolina HomeAutumn Apples Tablescape
Celebrate and DecorateA Fall Tablescape in Shades of Blue
Living With ThanksgivingFall Vibes
Dinner at EightMums Lead the Way to Fall
Thrifting WonderlandIt's Time for a Fall Tablescape
The Bookish DilettanteBack to (Art) School
Life and Linda Welcome Fall
Corner of Plaid and PaisleyFall Tablescape - Autumn Gnome
Red Cottage ChroniclesCozy Up Around an Autumn Dinner Table

Fall table inspiration

HONORED TO BE FEATURED HERE:

Featured!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Oh, how lovely! Your pumpkins are the star of this show and are so pretty. Another thing that caught my eye is the simple leaf beside your fork - how delicate and elegant! I would enjoy being a guest at your table anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elegant for sure! The special touch of the single Lamb's Ear made me wish for my long gone Lamb's ear plantings. The next best thing I have in my herb garden is sage, which is of similar color, though not as large. Your various pumpkins are so pretty down the center of your table and you are right they co-ordinate beautifully with your mantel decor. Have a great and Blessed Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, I love the shine on your table from the metal, plates, and pumpkins! You are so lucky that you have the mad skills to make the pumpkins. Last week I was visiting my favorite local nursery and they had several displays of Hot Skwash Pumpkins, and the prices were astronomical. Yours are just as pretty! I think it's fun that you have a mantel you can decorate to tie-in with your tablescapes. It compliments your table well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecelia, i love your softer side of autumn. The velvet pumpkins are elegant and add a special touch. I went down the velvet pumpkin rabbit hole years ago. They can be addictive. Your table details and added vignettes on the nearby mantel set a lovely spot for dining. Happy Autumn, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecelia, I love your gorgeous hand-made pumpkins…they make a lovely centerpiece. You table is elegant as well as your mantel. The hand-made place cards are perfect for your table. I have purchased a few velvet pumpkins and love using them for autumn. It is always a treat to join you for a tablescape blog hop. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant Cecelia. I love your velvet pumpkins, they are so stylish. Like Sarah said, the velvet pumpkins can be addicted. The overhead shot is lovely, complete with candlelight. The plates are so pretty with the gold touches. A pleasure hopping along with you. Happy fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy September, Cecilia! I love your handmade velvet pumpkins! What a lovely idea to use fresh Lamb's Ear and embellish the stems with flowers. NIce blog hopping again with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Cecilia! I love your soft pastels and pretty velvet pumpkins on your fall table, especially those with roses! Your succulent pumpkins and fuzzy lamb's ear add a wonderful organic touch to your table. As always, it's a treat to join you at the table and hop with you. Happy September ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely how the gold glows in the candlelight, Cecilia. I love the velvet pumpkins, and they are the perfect touch to the shiny golds of the plates, flatware and stemware. Those placecard holders are adorable! Thank you for your styling in this welcome fall tablescape blog hop! Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecelia, I love your handmade velvet pumpkins. I really should try to make some. Topping them with blooms and leaves really elevated the look, as is seen in the overhead shot! I adore those whimsical plates with the tiny gold bird. Place cards are always a nice touch too. The simple sprig of lambs ear placed beside the flatware is such a simple touch, but really makes a difference. Dinner by candlelight in the autumn (and through the winter) is one of my favourite things about the season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cecilia, your velvet pumpkins are breathtaking! The table is gorgeous, I love those pastel colors for fall, and the gold plates and flatware are so pretty with the velvet pumpkins~ I love the way you added flowers and succulents, and continued your display on the sideboard~just beautiful!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecilia, boy are you talented! Those velvet pumpkins look professionally made and from an expensive gift shop. Such a lovely centerpiece display on your table and mantle, and a pretty, elegant color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the golden colors of your dishes and flatware, they are just so perfect for welcoming in the fall season! You have certainly been busy making those beautiful and lush velvet pumpkins! You can never go wrong with an overhead view! As I say, it is always worth the climb!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So elegant and beautiful!!! Oh those plates with the delicate gold birds; amazing with the antique china!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia, I found your table setting so soothing and quietly elegant. The velvets paired well with the gray and white runner. I'm a fan of Noritake china patterns and really liked the gold and white combination. The salad plate was a perfect pairing. Repeating the pumpkins on the mantle and table is a great choice. Happy Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful tablescape. Everything is so elegant. Thank you for sharing.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful velvet pumpkins, Cecilia. They definitely make a statement. The colors work so well with your dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. C, oh, my, your table pulls at my love for beauty and eclectic mix of items! Those Nortikite plates, I want them now!!! The velvet pumpkins, and leaf card holder are also charming. I'm going to take a closer look at the wall hanging. I would really like to try my hand at that.
    Are those new chairs at the table? I can't recall seeing them before.
    Happy fall to you, sweet sister :)
    hugs,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cecelia,
    I LOVE those stunning velvet pumpkins...I have a stunning piece of black velvet fabric that i am thinking of using to make black velvet pumpkins for Halloween and embellish with lace....Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cecilia, you have set such a beautiful, elegant table for fall. Your velvet pumpkins look wonderful with your gold accents in your dishes and flatware. Such a pretty table. I hope you have a happy fall🍂🍁🧡

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply elegant and casually elegant. The gold touches on the plates and in the flatware are lovely. The setting with the bistro-like runner and rustic table both offsets and adds to the elegance. I just love your collection of velvet pumpkins in unusual colors for pumpkins. You might have persuaded me to give them a try! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cecilia, what a beautiful table for the fall season. Love the colors and your beautiful velvet pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful Fall tablescape! I love the touch of gold with the velvet pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!