Late Bloomers in my Fall Garden

Happy October, Friends! After little to no rain all summer, my garden looked tired and thirsty. Fortunately, Mother Nature graced us with more rain in September that we've had all year! That means I have late bloomers in my fall garden--better late than never...

late bloomers in my fall garden

Even the native plants like the Blackfoot daisy above and the blue sage, rock rose, and lantana were languishing with the weeks of 100+ temps we experienced this summer, so I've been so happy to see their later-than-usual colorful blooms. 

Join me for a virtual stroll through my late blooming fall garden!

Here's a closer peek at the vibrant hues of the blue sage after the rains. Mr. Bumblebee is happy too!

Join me for a virtual stroll through my late blooming fall garden!

Although the thyme in my front garden survived our 2021 ice storm and 2020 hail and twister, it was drier than I have ever seen it this summer. I had planned to give it a severe pruning before winter and I'm so thankful it was revived after the September showers.

Join me for a virtual stroll through my late blooming fall garden!

Join me for a virtual stroll through my late blooming fall garden!
Join me for a virtual stroll through my late blooming fall garden!

It's still too warm here for real pumpkins or mums, but I'll enjoy my Talavera pumpkin and fall blooms while they last! 

Join me for a virtual stroll through my late blooming fall garden!

My Thrift Store Addiction Vintage Charm party

HONORED TO BE FEATURED HERE:

Featured!




Would you like to comment?

  1. Enjoyed all the beautiful blooms in your garden! I’m in Richardson, TX and as soon as the temperatures went back down to the 90’s, my garden started blooming again. It’s wonderful to have a second chance to enjoy everything in the Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers Cecilia. I’m in Ohio and fall is in full swing! Cooler temps, leaves are turning and falling, can’t say I’m disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rebounds of the garden, and I know you must be especially tickled with TX cooling down enough to enjoy the outdoors and garden blooms. I wanted to get a peony transplanted, so I ended up taking out my thriving Mexican sunflowers last week from the spot where the peony was to go (our weather has cooled permanently and it's prime time for planting). The last hurrahs of fall blooms are wonderful, but I made the call to go ahead and tuck my garden in for bed for fall/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here in the northern midwest our beds were cleared out a few weeks ago. But we still have hydrangeas! Love that you still have such colorful blooms. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!