75th Birthday Celebration for Mom


Hi there, Friends! Tomorrow my Dear Mom is celebrating her 75th birthday. When she visited for Easter, I also planned an early birthday celebration for her...


75th birthday celebration in the garden


I used my vintage garden bike to create a whimsical birthday greeting, 


75th birthday celebration in the garden



adding a bouquet of fresh hydrangeas to the bike basket and 


75th birthday celebration in the garden





75th birthday celebration in the garden


As a gift for Mom's milestone birthday, I created a commemorative book. Here's Mom sharing a page with my stepfather, Jeff. 


75th birthday celebration in the garden


In advance of her visit, I rallied family members so that everyone could contribute a message in the book. I'm so happy that even the grandkids (and great-grand) added their thoughts.  Here's a few excerpts....



75th birthday celebration in the garden



...and several more.  


75th birthday celebration in the garden



Happy Birthday, Mom! 


75th birthday celebration in the garden



My Thrift Store Addiction


Birthday celebration in the garden


My Thrift Store Addiction signature



party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. That's so special! I bet she will treasure the book forever. ❤️I like how you used the garden bike as part of the birthday decorating. It looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely tribute to your mom, a lovely woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet birthday celebration! I love the book. Your Mom looks so young at heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your very young Mom! Such lovely ideas and a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, Cecilia--what a special celebration! We are celebrating my mother's 80th next week with some sweet surprises for her, including my sister and a brother flying in from out of town. All five of her children and most grandchildren will be there. Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a treasure to make for your Mom on her special birthday! Something she will treasure forever!

    Have a great week.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book is such a lovely idea that I'm sure your Mom will treasure. Your Mom does not look 75 at all and I can see a resemblance between you two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a lovely celebration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was interested in your post because I just threw an 80th birthday party for my mother that I blogged about. The party you threw your mother was lovely. I am sure your mom was really touched by the special book you made for her. Great moms need to be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderfully thoughtful gift! It will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecelia,
    Happy Birthday to your Mom....She is young but then again, I am unaware of your age. My Mom would have been 97 this year but she was 39 years old when I was born. You are lucky to have her and it looks like she enjoyed her celebration!!
    Thanks for dropping by!
    HUgs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday to your mom. Love the vintage bike decoration, and that book is a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful mom and a beautiful tribute to her! You are truly blessed to have a mom like that. I love the bike and all of the thought that went into this -- I know it was a great joy to her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful celebration!! I love all the decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your mom looks so young; such a beautiful lady! I know she will always treasure the beautiful words that were written to her and your thoughtfulness in planning her party and gift. Thanks for sharing her with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww!! I love it! Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautiful party for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a sweet gift for your mom! I love the color of the bike with the yellow flowers. Definitely pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet theme and day for a lady that deserves the world.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the cute little bike! I have been thinking about getting my mom one of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful celebration and how incredibly blessed is your family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Birthday to your dear mother. The book is wonderful! I love books like this. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful celebration for your mom!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!