Repurpose a Vintage French Tart Pan as a Fragrant Naturescape: Friday's Find #195


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Last weekend I attended quite a few garage sales and would you believe I came home empty handed? That does happen sometimes, though it's actually been awhile since it's happened to me. However, I still have something special to share today--a find-inspired mini project. Come see how I repurposed a thrift store French tart pan as a simple naturescape...


repurposed French tart pan naturescape



When my mom and I went thrifting during her recent visit, I found these vintage dessert mold pans that were made in France. I think they would make a charming accent in most any kitchen.


French dessert mold Etsy Thrift Store Addiction


Both are engraved Made in France on the back and the one on the right still has a Cordon Bleu seal. Last week I shared a delicious dessert that I baked in some of the vintage molds I've collected. However, I am usually more likely to decorate with vintage bakeware. Can anyone else relate?


repurposed French tart pan naturescape


I always enjoy bringing the outdoors inside and so I decided to combine bits and pieces from the garden to create a scented naturescape with my French find. I started with fragrant honeysuckle and aromatic rosemary. Next, came vibrant coral colored roses...


Repurposed French tart pan naturescape



...and an abandoned nest that I found in the garden.



repurposed vintage French tart pan naturescape


The speckled eggs are the only faux accent. Last, I added some native milkweed for the texture. A small cluster grows wild in the same spot in my garden each year. 


repurposed French tart pan naturescape



I am often in awe of the beautiful hues found in the natural color palette our Heavenly Father created! I find natural elements as home decor very soothing. While I may not have baked any goodies, this time I created a feast for the senses ;) 


Repurposed tart tin naturescape



Want to shop this look? I have two vintage French dessert mold pans available HERE.


My Thrift Store Addiction

repurposed vintage French tart pan naturescape


I hope you enjoyed this week's find-inspired mini project! 
Until next time, happy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:






party link



Would you like to comment?

  1. This is such a cute idea I would have never thought of. Pretty and soothing love

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very clever! And you know, I was at an estate sale last weekend and saw some of these. Passed them by but even as I DID I KNEW I'd see some cute way to use them after I decided NOT to buy them. HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such fun ideas for your thrifting finds. I really need to be more creative. A lot of times I see things and have no idea what I'd use them for so I don't buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those French pans, Cecilia--what a great find :) The naturescape is just lovely, and I bet it smells great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honeysuckle is my absolute favorite! The pans are an awesome find and I love what you created! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so simple and lovely! Somehow, anything made in France lends an elegant vibe to any decor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a neat idea!

    I would love for you to share this with my Facebook Group for recipes, crafts, tips, and tricks: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips/

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awfully pretty, Cecilia, and a wonderful idea! I'm so glad I happened by from Share Your Cup! ~ jeanie from Marmelade Gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The French tart pans are a great find and you styled them so charmingly with natural elements. Thank you for sharing them at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky find with the stamps still intact! I love the way you displayed them, but still left them usable for baking at a later time.

    I'd love for you to share with us at https://www.designingus.com/designing-you-thursday-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so creative and the tins were great finds. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Giving you a feature this week for "Let's Talk Vintage!" great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!