Simply Elegant Easter Brunch in the Garden


Happy Easter, Friends! I hope you are enjoying a blessed time with family and loved ones today. When I found out my mother, stepfather and Favorite Son would be visiting for Easter, I planned brunch in the garden. I've set a special table and scheduled this post ahead, so by the time you are reading this, we are probably enjoying our brunch. Won't you join us? 


Easter brunch in the garden


Do you remember the old hymn Christ the Lord is Risen Today? It's an Easter classic and has been on my mind all week. Look closely and you'll see I added the chorus to my chalkboard chargers. The pretty daisy plates, green stemware--both plastic, though they don't look it--and lovely tablecloth were all Target clearance finds from several years back. It's a great ensemble that I've used often during the spring and summer months, {including when I packed Dear Firstborn's graduation party in a suitcase.}


Easter brunch in the garden


I almost always use cloth napkins but couldn't resist these fun butterfly luncheon napkins I discovered at Dollar Tree. I love them paired with the fancy bunny place cards. The flatware will be bundled in my picnic caddy.


Easter brunch in the garden


For a simple centerpiece, I used three recent thrift store finds and added garden roses and fresh mint. 


Easter brunch in the garden


Here's a view of the table. Though we are celebrating Easter today, many of the simple inexpensive ideas could be used for any occasion--brunch in the garden "just because"...


Simply elegant Easter brunch in the garden


I created this Easter dish garden last year and made a few simple changes this year for outdoors. I switched it from a china platter to an enamelware tray and added more garden roses. For details on how to make the Easter dish garden, look here.


Easter brunch in the garden


At this writing, I'm still tweaking the menu, but with my family, there will definitely be chocolate included!


Easter brunch in the garden


My Thrift Store Addiction


Simply elegant Easter brunch in the garden


He is risen! He is risen, indeed! 


Simply elegant Easter brunch in the garden


My Thrift Store Addiction signature


party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love it!!! It's beautiful. My favorite is the garden dish and pretty center piece. The flowers are beautiful.....Happy Easter! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect table setting for a garden brunch. I know you will all be blessed today...Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Cecilia! Isn't it almost as much fun to prepare a lovely table as it us to partake if the goodies?! Especially chocolate, which is why that last pic is my fav ;). Happy Easter to you!

    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, sorry for the typos, but you know what I meant :/.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, sorry for the typos, but you know what I meant :/.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecelia,
    So pretty and just perfect for the Holiday!! Hope you had a lovely Easter weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty ways to celebrate the day, Cecilia--hope your day was blessed. He is Risen!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning, Cecilia. It looks like you had a beautiful and blessed Easter. Love your brunch table. The chargers with the chalk message are especially wonderful and I love the iron cross with the banner. He is risen indeed!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter Monday!
    Such a beautiful Easter setting and I saw on IG that you were with you son as well.
    Life is good when we have family with us!
    Blessings,
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty decorations. I can't wait to celebrate the other holidays with you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful decorations, it all looks so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a sweet party. I especially like the bunny place cards.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!

    Debby
    Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely lovely table! We actually had warm enough weather to be outside this year (yay!). Sadly we had to have a hurried brunch as my husband and oldest daughter were off on a 5 1/2 hour drive to a prospective college. Hope your day was great. Belated Happy Easter, Cecilia! xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your table looks so lovely. Love those chargers.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Easter dish garden is very unique. You are so creative and those bunny place cards are adorable. I hope your holiday was filled with peace and love. Thank you for sharing with us this week at Celebrate Your Story, and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cecilia, What a lovely table. The daisy plates are my favorite. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your little table in the garden & all the sweet touches you've added. Especially love the "He is Risen" banner. That song is one of my favorite Easter songs too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet table, I love those daisy plates, they are so fun, I would really enjoy styling tables with those! Thanks for sharing at Celebrate Your Story!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am sure your family felt extra special with all the beautiful things you added to the Easter table!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is so sweet Cecilia. I love the simplistic beauty of the added mint! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful tablescape. Thanks for sharing at #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  24. My sister needs that never too late for chocolate sign.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your garden tablescape for Easter is lovely. Thank you for sharing your lovely tablescape at the Snickerdoodle Create~Bake~Make link party!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!