Seasons of Change...and Paint Therapy!


Hello Friends, hope you are having a lovely Wednesday.  The end of this week will officially mark the first quarter of the year and it already  looks like 2014 it is going to be a year of change for me in many ways.  First, I can hardly believe that my "children" will be 20, 25 and 30 this year--so hard to believe! Probably the biggest adjustment for this doting Tahtee (Ginger Grand's name of choice for me) is that in less than a week Youngest Daughter and GG are moving out of state.  Though I have known for several months, it hasn't really gotten any easier to accept.  While I am proud of YD's adventurous spirit and the opportunities they will have, I am saddened that GG's frequent visits and sleepovers will be replaced with only occasional ones. I have great respect for all of you long distance grandparents out there and I am praying for grace to embrace this new season. 

Accepting change
Holding hands with my favorite Little Man

On a different nostalgic note, I recently realized that June 1 will be the 15 year anniversary of buying my home which has been such a blessing to me and my family. Here we are together our first summer in our house.  This is a photo of a photo--sorry for the grainy quality! 

Accepting change
Talk about a throw back--us 15 years ago!

Countless birthday parties, family gatherings and sleepovers have been celebrated within these walls.  Walls, that I have decided need some refreshing! YD is fond of saying that I am just not happy unless I am working on a project.  We've all heard of aromatherapy, retail therapy and the likes.  Well for years I have been practicing project therapy!  There is something very cathartic about creating, painting or planting something whether you are accepting difficult news or experiencing personal trials.  As I endeavor to grow with the challenges presented to me, I will be simultaneously practicing paint therapy and giving my 15 year old home a refreshing!  
I will be sharing my progress through a series of posts, so stay tuned...
Do you practice project therapy or find comfort in creating? I would love to hear your stories! 


My Thrift Store Addiction

Refresh Your Home Series:
Frames As Art Dining Room Wall
Gray and Turquoise Living Room
My Happy Accident
DIY Painted Furniture
New Rugs!
Update Your Guest Room For Less!

Would you like to comment?

  1. I'm so sad they're leaving too!! :( I'm going to miss little ginger man!! I'm really bummed tax season is preventing me from coming to town to say bye!! I think I do project therapy too. I'm excited we have a house now and my new project is our backyard. I'm hoping to create a flower garden! :)

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!