Refresh Your Home: Update Your Guest Room For Less!


Happy Wednesday Friends! Updating my guest room is the latest conquest on my ongoing mission to refresh my fifteen year old home.  The first thing that had to go was the wall color. When I chose this pumpkin shade ten years ago, I really loved it but I am so over it now! The new color is called Nutmeg, but it reminds me more of a sandy beach. A warm neutral shade is what I was going for and I think it really complements the room. Transformation for the cost of a can of paint!  What do you think?

Guest room update


Soon I will be sharing a post on inexpensive DIY burlap and lace curtains. For now, here's a closer look at my budget friendly updated room.  I have also shared the source of my purchases.  

Updated guest room

My comfy Ikea chair passed down from my brother makes a cozy reading spot. The sequin pillow and brushed velvet throw are more thrift store goodies. 

Gallery wall created from estate sale finds

A gallery wall is the perfect way to display my collection of art and fabulous frames that I am constantly finding at estate sales and thrift stores.  

Discount bedding sources


Since the bedding is only a few years old and I like how it pairs with the new wall color, I decided to keep it.  I love layering for comfort and found some great buys at Ross and Target. The comforter, queen sleeping (the other sides says king!) and round pillow are from Ross. The leopard throw and butterfly pillow are from Target. The headboard is a thrift store makeover and the purple velvet shams, cranberry throw pillows and little leopard pillow are all from a yard sale!  Beautiful bedding does not have to be expensive.  As always, I welcome your feedback and would love to hear your latest adventures in decorating or updating a room! 


My Thrift Store Addiction


Refresh Your Home Series:



Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!