Refresh Your Home: Four Walls of Gray + Ten Frames of White = One Magnificent Dining Room!

Hello Friends, so glad you dropped by today!  I am experiencing pre-Spring fever, you know-- that urge to cleanse, refresh and overall brighten my surroundings.  I have been wanting to repaint my dining room and update the mocha brown color. 

Gray walls

After being thrilled with the results from a makeover project I completed awhile back, I decided I wanted to use gray and was off to Home Depot. (I am convinced their Behr Ultra Plus Primer brand is the best for painting walls.) Pretty quickly I found a soothing pale shade I was drawn to, and stood in line to have it mixed--seems I wasn't the only with a project in mind! Once I got home, it didn't take long for me to realize two things: 
A. The color I chose was almost identical to some Vintage dishes I recently purchased--leave it to me to find inspiration in dinnerware! 
B. I am somewhat schizophrenic when it comes to painting. Here's what I mean--as I started painting, I immediately panicked when my anticipated dreamy gray appeared to be white! Since I only intended to paint this wall and the other walls were a creamy off white, I was already contemplating getting a whole different shade.  However,  within an hour when the paint dried to the exact shade I imagined, the conversation in my mind went from, "Oh No!" to "I love it and I am going to paint the rest of the walls too!" Here's how the silvery gray wall dried:


Gray walls



After allowing the paint to dry overnight, I arranged all of my fabulous frames from Friday's post; first on the floor, then on the wall.  I am absolutely smitten with the fresh white frames against this pale gray! 


Gray walls


Here's view of the dining room--what do you think?!  Next time I will share how this gorgeous gray transformed the rest of my living space.  Come back and see! 



Painted dining room and gallery wall update




As always, I welcome your feedback and would love to hear about your adventures in painting! 



My Thrift Store Addiction



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:



Thoughts from Alice





Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. I'm convinced you and I must me sisters from different mothers. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the frame with "IT IS WELL" has been singing in my heart for WEEKS... now to get it done like that. Thanks for the inspiration. And can you mention the color name please. Not sure I can give up my red kitchen, but perhaps I'll find a spot for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! It looks so great!!! :) I'm love the pop of turquoise with the grey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love your chairs and the little bit of turquoise; very nice color choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It never ceases to amaze me at what a difference a fresh coat of paint can make in a room. Your wall looks lovely! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Alison! I enjoyed finding your blog and party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Especially love the "It is Well..." printable in the middle! Love that hymn! Would love for you to share this or any other projects at our link up party on my blog :) Hope you have a great week!
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kendra! Nice to link up to your party--thanks for the invite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks again for coming to link up! Appreciate it lots! Hope to see you back tomorrow :)
    Kendra @ www.joyinourhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! Love the collection of frames and your bright blue furniture...they add nice touches of whimsy and make it look like such a fun and happy space!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!