Bountiful and Budget Friendly Autumn Tablescape

Happy Tuesday, Friends! I am delighted to join my talented tablescaping friends hosted by Rita from Panoply for the Welcome Fall Tablescape blog hop.  Today I'll show you how to create a bountiful table for the season that's beautiful and budget friendly plus I styled it with clearance bargains from previous seasons

beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape

If you hopped over after visiting Sandra from Dinner at Eight, welcome! In addition to thrifting, I'm a big fan of shopping dollar stores and seasonal clearance. I look for items that I can dress up to create my own look and those I can use for more than one season like the items pictured below. 

beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape

Although we are at the end of August, our Texas forecast is predicting 5 more weeks of the heat dome extreme temperatures! 😭 As you can imagine, that has really taken its toll not only on my garden but on the selection of flowers available locally in general, so I decided to highlight these beautiful apples in my centerpiece.  Their rich green color even served as the inspiration for my color palette--nature's bounty right from the grocery store produce section! 

beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape

While it's still way too hot for real pumpkins, you can look here to see how I created these flower-topped pumpkins for $2 each. I found the flickering leaf candle holders on clearance at Bath & Body years ago...


...and my plate stacks were some of my first clearance dishes. Would you believe I scored them and the stemware 20 years ago marked down at Target? 

beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape

I gave my stemware a coppery upcycle recently. Stay tuned, I'll be featuring that project in a few weeks!

beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape


beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape


beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape

I'll leave you with a bird's eye view. 

beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape

My Thrift Store Addiction

beautiful and budget friendly autumn tablescape

Thanks for stopping by today! Next on the hop is the cat's whiskerz--and you'll find more inspiration below! 

Panoply - Welcome Fall: Mottahedeh Chelsea Bird Tablescape

Hyacinths for the Soul - Welcome Fall, A Tablescape on the Terrace

Everyday Living - Autumn is My Favorite Color

Home Is Where the Boat Is - Sunflowers and Pumpkins

Life and Linda - A Fall Wine Dinner

The Bookish Dilettante - Falling Leaves Tablescape

The Little Yellow Corner Store - A Gathering of Mushroom Joy

Me and My Captain - Goodbye Summer Hello Fall

Red Cottage Chronicles - Autumn Brunch Table Setting

Thrifting Wonderland - Savor the Moment...Fall Tablescape

Belle Bleu Interiors - Anticipating Autumn's Arrival

Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Fall is Time for Football

The Painted Apron - Celebrating Fall

Fall tablescape inspiration

HONORED TO BE FEATURED HERE:

Featured!



My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Beautiful table scape the dishes are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty table Cecilia, the apple centerpiece is perfect for welcoming fall. Great finds on those placemats, leaf votives and flameless candles. The flower topped pumpkins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the copper accents paired with green plates and apples at your fall table Cecilia! Hobby Lobby is a great source for affordable accessories and tableware. Such cute flower-topped pumpkins! I don’t know how you Texas gals have withstood the heat this summer! It’s always a treat to join you at the table and hop with you. Happy Almost Fall. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you win the prize for prettiest plate stack: I pinned yours! For some reason, I'm liking green more and more these days. I like how your mantel coordinates with your table, and the green apples are a simple, yet pretty centerpiece. Brava! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecelia, your early autumn table is beautiful! Green apples are the perfect centerpiece and inspiration for your setting. The ruffled placemats are so pretty, and I love the green glasses with copper stems. Wishing you a happy fall! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fruit is always a great centerpiece and then it can be eaten…definitely a win. Your plate stack is so pretty and I love the copper accents. It is always a pleasure to hop with you. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia, your table is gorgeous - and even better when it's budget friendly! The plates are so pretty and look great on your HL Christmas clearance score placemats. Love the copper accents too. I'm sorry about the extreme heat that you have had this summer and yes, I can imagine that it hasn't been kind to anyone's garden. However, the apples are the perfect centerpiece- and as Pam says you can eat them after. It was great hopping with you and I hope that the heat dissipates soon. Happy fall whenever it eventually arrives

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecelia, your table-in fact your whole room came out fabulous!! You have so many thrifty finds and projects here that have come together beautifully. Such pretty plates and I love the way your paired them with copper. I hope this fall brings you more comfortable weather.🧡🍂

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia, I really love your green and white palette! It's visually cooling, which is really appreciated in August. I like how you adorned the pumpkins with the flowers -- they speak of fall yet bring a softer element to the table. Have a wonderful beginning to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table is absolutely lovely Cecilia, and one would never guess that the elements were bargain buys! I love your pretty plates and the soft green color palette~ the flower topped pumpkins are so cute, a perfect nod to fall along with the apples. I know Texas is heat weary and it's hard to think about fall right now, but you can stay cool and enjoy sitting at this wonderful early fall table!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  11. How refreshing Cecilia! I love your table with fruit (apples) and the beautiful green colors of your plate stack. The heat has been everywhere but hopefully the days will be a little cooler as we move forward. Thanks for including your co-ordinating mantle. Your room is very inviting. Blessings and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely combination of greens and creams with natural elements. Have a lovely Fall!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecelia, I love the bird's eye view of your pretty table! You are right about the Texas heat this summer. Much of my garden has burned up. so sad to watch this! Your lovely table offers a bit of a cool respite though. The soft greens and coppery details are very pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, those plates are gorgeous! I also use natural elements like fruit as decor. Love it! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia, you created a work of art table out of a difficult time in Texas with the heat wave. It is amazing how the beautiful soft green color that you worked with gives no indication that it is so very hot in your area. I love your use of green apples in a lace filled basket. It immediately gives me the feeling of being welcomed home. The soft petals of the lambs ear plant in your sage green enamelware gives a sense of calm. Your selection of dinner and salad plates are perfection and stunning and enhances the greenery throughout the room. I am amazed at your bargains that you found from various sources. Together it has created a table and room that should be a feature article in a home magazine. Happy Fall! (PS. I know your jadeite collection would look beautiful in this too.) Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You for sharing this lovely Fall post.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know you often post of your weekly clearance and thrifted finds, but to see them all together here and how you've assembled them is really remarkable, Cecilia. I know TX is suffering way too many consecutive triple digit days of heat, but this tablescape is totally soothing and cool with the pale green, white and cream. Those Target finds almost qualify as vintage! I love the overhead shot of the table. Thank you for bringing your thrift store addiction to the table and to this blog hop. I know it is inspiring to others just like me, who love the thrill of the hunt. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cecilia, like you I've lately been leaning into green. Especially the deep earthy shades. Your table with the pumpkins, plate stacks, apples, tins filled with lamb's ear leaves and the two-toned glasses is an amazing assembly! I'm looking forward to seeing how you created the stemware :)
    Happy fall
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ceciiia, I absolutely love your use of lamb's ear mixed with green apples on your fall table. Those glasses are also so unique and the color of the glass is a great complement to the other shades of green. The cute flowers on the plates are a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful Cecelia! Love all of the shades of green. Featuring when my link party opens.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!