Dark Chocolate-Covered Clementines

Happy Monday, Friends! Have you ever tried chocolate-covered oranges? While I have been dipping my strawberries in chocolate for decades, I only started making this treat several years ago. Today I'm sharing my simple recipe...

dark chocolate covered oranges

If you share my fondness for this delicious flavor combination, you will not be disappointed! I prefer to use dark chocolate and clementine mandarins (Cuties or Halos) because they are extra sweet and juicy and top them with just a pinch of Himalayan pink salt.  

Here's what you'll need: 

35 orange slices (about 6 clementines depending on the size)
1/2 cup melted Special Dark chocolate chips 
Wax paper* Himalayan pink or coarse sea salt 


dark chocolate covered oranges

First: Peel the oranges, remove excess strings, and allow orange slices to rest on a double-layer of paper towels to soak up any dripping juice. Next: Melt chocolate chips in 30 second intervals in the microwave. (The chocolate will not melt to the desired consistency if it becomes overheated.)

dark chocolate covered oranges

Then: Dip the slices into the chocolate, place on a wax paper-lined tray, and sprinkle with salt before the chocolate hardens. 

dark chocolate covered oranges

TIP: The amount of time it takes for the chocolate to harden varies depending on humidity and the room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers--if there are any! 

dark chocolate covered oranges

My Thrift Store Addiction

dark chocolate covered oranges

Fun fact: I had just finished making these on Sunday morning when I received a text and photo from Dear Firstborn, Look what I made today! Unknowingly, we both made the same chocolate-covered treat at the same time! You might say the orange doesn't fall far from the tree. 😉 (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. These look just divine! And what an easy appetizer to bring to a party. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halos are a favorite in our house. These look yummy! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are amazing I have had the privilege of trying them! One of my favorite desserts she makes

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious. My daughter loves clementines. I am going to have to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!