Thrifty Seasonal Curtain Swap

Happy Monday, Friends! One way to instantly refresh a room is to swap out the window treatments. Although curtains can be an expensive purchase, today I'm sharing a few of my recent budget-friendly options... 

thrifty curtain swap

When I needed to replace faded living and dining room curtains last year, I found a great deal for both large windows during Amazon's Prime Day sale--less than $30 for both windows!

thrifty curtain swap

Then I splurged on velvet curtains (less than $20) for my bedroom during the early Black Friday sales. I loved the luxurious texture they added to my cozy Christmas bedroom and I enjoyed them all through the winter months.

thrifty curtain swap

While I was in the process of decluttering a few of my closets, I rediscovered a pair of pretty toile curtains I scored at a yard sale several years ago for $10. 

thrifty curtain swap

I paired them with a second pair of sheers--from the same closet and also from a yard sale! Since I favor mostly white linens and pastel accents during the spring and summer, I wasn't certain if I would like the combination...

thrifty curtain swap

...but once they were hanging I loved the new look! Stay tuned for more of my seasonal bedroom refresh coming soon! 

thrifty curtain swap

My Thrift Store Addiction

thrifty curtain swap
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Those are super pretty!! Love the colors and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love toile; like the new look. My mom always switched out curtains and seat covers for the seasons. I tend to hang heavier curtains in the winter against the Maine cold. It's hard to beat crisp curtains and clean windows! Thirty years ago I "splurged" for cream polyester lace curtains that fit my living room and bedroom windows; I sure got my moneysworth switching them back and forth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecelia,
    LOVE how your bedroom looks in both Seasons!! The toile drapes and the curtains are lovely and I love the addition of the garland!!! So pretty!! Thanks so much for visiting!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!