Celebrating Traditions: Johnson City Christmas Lights

Happy Monday, Friends! Can you believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve? When my kids were at home, one of our yearly traditions was piling in the car with our cookies and cocoa to go and look at Christmas lights. Sometimes we went to special displays but mostly we drove around local neighborhoods while "Oohing and Ahhing!" This year we drove a little over an hour to visit the small town of Johnson City. It was well worth the drive as their abundance of lights can only be described as spectacular! Do you have a similar tradition? 

Johnson City Christmas lights

If you're not familiar with Johnson City, it is the midway point between Fredericksburg and Austin, Texas. If you are even remotely nearby, you'll be glad you made the drive!


With my girls in Colorado, Favorite Son carries on the tradition with me... 

Johnson City Christmas lights

...and now Darling Daughter-in-Law joins us, too. They pick me up and I bring cookies warm from the oven! 

Johnson City Christmas lights

You can see they have mastered the tree-wrapping technique...

Johnson City Christmas lights

...and lights are EVERYWHERE!

Johnson City Christmas lights

Merry Christmas!

Johnson City Christmas lights


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Wow! That is an amazing display! We try to go out one night each year to see all the lights too; sometimes we pick a destination place to go and walk/drive through but other years we just drive randomly around the neighborhoods and see what we see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing places all lit up with Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now getting to e-mails I've missed! As kids, we used to go to ritzy neighborhoods in search of lights and sing Christmas carols; cheap entertainment when money was tight! Continued the tradition with my kids, too! One office building (in town) is covered and has a radio station to listen to in sinc with the flashing lights--really neat!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!