Friday's Find: Thrifting with a Friend!

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! As promised, today I'm sharing finds from our recent jaunt when Cecilia from The B Farm visited.  You can read more about our adventures here.  Cecilia was the first to spot this little nutcracker for me, after I'd told her about one of my holiday ideas.  He'll be getting a makeover soon! 

Thrift store nutcracker

There's a tiny little shop nearby called the Cottage.  It was actually the first thrift store I frequented when I first moved to town over twenty five years ago.  It's church affiliated and run by volunteers.  Back then, it was only open once a week.  Now it is open several days and I try to drop by weekly.  It was the first place I took Cecilia and we discovered some goodies!  She got a great bargain on gorgeous pillow covers and I found these pretty little Christmas linens...

Vintage Christmas tea towels

...and these vintage mini molds.  I love crafting with them and I got all 12 for $1.  That afternoon we saw the same exact ones in an antique shop for $4 each

Vintage jello molds

The Cottage is a treasure trove. I also picked up this festive knit scarf.  I'll probably use it as Christmas decor--aren't the pom-poms fun? 

Red and white pom-pom scarf

I adore vintage books and have always had a fondness for children's books.  Just before Cecilia's visit, I came across this reader.  It's older than I am and I actually remember reading it in elementary school! The pictures are wonderful.  Available.

Vintage children's reader

Another nostalgic find; as a little girl, I used to hunt for Little Bear books in our school library. Despite his infatuation with superheroes, Ginger Grand is quite smitten with Little Bear and will sit captivated when I read the simple stories during our Facetime chats.  The illustrations are so sweet and I really enjoy sharing them with him.  We're making memories and that's one of my favorite things about thrifting--the memories evoked.  Wouldn't you agree?  

Vintage Little Bear book

Remember to drop by and link up your vintage finds and repurposed projects at this week's Vintage Charm party! I am currently gathering photos from readers for an upcoming post.  If you follow my blog and are not a blogger but would like to share your latest thrifty find or treasure, email me your photo. If you are selected, I will notify you before I share the post.  
Until next time, happy hunting! 





Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love these finds. You have such a good eye for treasures.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun treasures you found! Love those little molds for crafting and what a bargain! I'm starting to find a few things for Christmas decor also!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the Christmas towels and knit scarf with pom poms! I would use them all as décor as well. You're lucky to have such a great shop nearby! I might just have to go there more than once a week!:) xoKathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very special treasures! I love stores like the one you describe. My favorite store like that closed down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, nostalgia is a big part of it, Cecilia. I just picked up an old tomato box with a bentwood handle because my grandmother used them to do her shopping with--I love them! I also love that scarf you picked up, along with all of your other finds. Sounds like a lovely day spent with a blogging friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you do to the nutcracker. It was such a fun day...I need to explore some of the thrift stores around here so I can take you to some good ones when you visit. :) Got my pillow covers on and set on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia, love the linens and the scarf! Can't wait to see what you do with the nutcracker.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!