Countdown to Christmas Eve: Festive Curb Appeal!

Happy Wednesday Friends! Can you believe we are now 3 Wednesdays until Christmas Eve?! It really is my favorite time of year and I enjoy adding festive touches outdoors as well.  Today I am sharing some simple thrifty ways to add Christmas curb appeal...

Thrifty festive curb appeal

Cheerful poinsettias give a warm welcome to guests when they come to the door and their vibrant shade is visible from the street! Winter is the perfect time to repurpose birdbaths and fountains as flower containers. Pssst...Lowe's has the smaller poinsettias for .99 this week! 

Repurpose fountains for poinsettias

I have several of these fabulous sculptures from Mexico that are displayed in my garden year round. Each is a different instrument and I found them 75% off at my favorite thrift store.  During the Christmas season, I simply tie on a red ribbon--it doesn't get any easier than that! 

Garden sculpture

A bare fence can be the perfect backdrop for a festive vignette--the mitten garland and ice skate are both thrift store finds! (The ice skate did require a makeover--come back next week to see it before.) 

Festive fence vignette

Here's a peek at the skate's mate and more red ribbon--this time on my yard sale milk can. I buy red jute from Michael's when it's 50% off.

Festive front entry

It wouldn't be Christmas without a little whimsy...Juliet is all decked out in her holiday attire! 

Decorate a dress form

Thanks so much for stopping by! Remember to come back next Wednesday for the Creating Christmas party.  I'll be sharing some of my favorite tips for creative ways to go big with your Christmas decor while spending little! Plan now to attend each night--the fun begins Monday and lasts all week! 



            Please join us!



In case you missed the rest of the series...


My Thrift Store Addiction


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:




Catch as Catch Can





Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecilia ... your decorations look so inviting. Love the ice skates and Juliet looks pretty too. Thanks for the tip ... I need to hop over to Lowe's for some of those 99¢ poinsettias.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia, you are killing me these posts...three Wednesday's until Christmas! Yikes. I.don't.want.it.to.be.that.soon. Lol. Love the skates; cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most beautiful decorations in blogland...hands down! It sure makes me happy to have vintage things mixed in with my decorations, too! Happy holidays, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great decorating ideas, Cecilia :) Christmas is coming on hard and fast--I better get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress form. I would love to get my hands on a large one. Thank you for sharing and linking up to Scraptastic Saturdays. This post has been shared via Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing Juliet peace for the season. Thank you for sharing your decorations with Make It Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute ideas! My favorite is the green Merry Christmas sign. I love that shade of green at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!