A Gift Well Chosen

Hello, Friends! Believe it or not, on rare occasions, I am inspired to post about something other than thrifting. Drum roll...this will be one of those posts!  It is a blustery November day here and it finally feels like Fall--I love this time of year.  The holidays will soon be upon us and I want to thank God for the many blessings in my life. In spite of the chaos that is becoming more and more constant in our world, there are so many reasons to practice gratitude.  I recently celebrated a birthday and while it seems cliche to state that is hard to believe another year has come and gone, it is so true. I cherished hearing from each of my kids including the Ginger Grand. This year I was fortunate to be treated two weekends in a row--first, by my dear friend Stacy and the following, by my Mom.  I always welcome their visits and they each went out of their way to make me feel like Queen for a day :)  I received several gifts from friends and family--thoughtful gestures that are greatly appreciated.  Unexpectedly yesterday, I received another gift from my friend Julie and I think I will smile every time I put it on--does she know me or what?



Garage Sale Girl necklace
Front: "Garage Sale Girl"



What a treasure to receive such a fun, carefully selected gift! As I thanked her, we discussed the merits of serendipitously finding those special gifts that instantly bring someone dear to mind and tucking them away versus frantic, last minute hunting for the occasion.  Whether it is Christmas shopping or a birthday gift, I aspire to be such a giver!



Someone else's junk was her treasure necklace
Back: "Sometimes Someone Else's Junk Was Her Treasure"


Do you tuck away gifts for that special someone or find yourself hunting at the last minute? Do tell!


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!