Autumn Garden


Greetings Friends! Like Emily Bronte, I am awed by the vibrant hues of the season. From one day to the next, more leaves have turned and danced their way to the ground.  Before long, all the trees will be bare and more plants will become dormant for the upcoming winter months.  Even though our Texas weather is mild, I am not a fan of the bareness!


autumn garden

"Every leaf speaks bliss to me fluttering from the Autumn trees..."    Emily Bronte
Cold hardy container plants, artfully arranged with whimsical thrift finds add instant color and charm during this less productive time in the garden.  Here, a thrifted metal chick and clearance citronella candle and urn nestle near cheerful kale. 

Cold hardy container plants
Hardy kale dressed in purple gives a showy display that will survive the winter temperatures.

The black bird perched atop this thrifted basket was originally part of a light set that no longer works--I just added a fresh coat of paint!

autumn garden
Autumn blessings--both the basket & mosaic table were yard sale finds!

My garden cart is on display year round in the herb garden near my back door. I just change it up seasonally.  I'll leave you with another verse inspired by the season:

"Autumn, the year's last loveliest smile..." William Cullen Bryant

autumn garden
Colorful metal planters, tiny pumpkins and deer resistant snapdragons welcome the season!


Do you have any tips from your Autumn garden?  I welcome your suggestions!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!