The Eighth Day of Christmas: Simply Heavenly Fudge


Greetings on this Eighth Day --hope you are staying cozy and warm!  Today I am sharing one of my all time favorite holiday recipes, sure to bring some comfort and joy.  It's easy, delicious and... chocolate! Believe it or not, this fudge is made in the microwave.  It makes a great gift for neighbors and I used to make it yearly for my kids' teachers' gifts.  Here are the ingredients you will need: 1 1/2 bags of chocolate chips, a can of condensed milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla.  This makes one batch which will fit in an average size tin like the one pictured.  Before you get started, line your tin with wax paper, and open your can of condensed milk.


3 ingredient microwave fudge recipe


Start by emptying the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. This really is a simple recipe, with one caution--do not overheat your chocolate chips! Once they are overheated, they will not melt.  To keep this from happening, microwave them in thirty second intervals and stir.  At first, it won't look like they are melting, but just continue until the texture is creamy.


3 ingredient microwave fudge


Immediately stir in the condensed milk and teaspoon of vanilla.  If you prefer, you can use a different extract to flavor the fudge.  I have tried peppermint and also orange--both are divine alternatives!  Once it is thoroughly mixed, pour into your tin and smooth as you spread it.  Tapping the tin will help it settle evenly.  Allow it to harden but do not refrigerate it!


Easy microwave fudge recipe


Once it is firm, remove the fudge wax paper and all, and cut into small squares.  It is rich, so smaller pieces are desired.  This batch made about three dozen pieces.  Enjoy!


My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Party link


Would you like to comment?

  1. I have a similar recipe; I put almond extract in some and add sliced almonds. I top some with pecans and mix walnuts in some. The chocolate mint chips are good, too! One year Nestle or Hershey had raspberry chocolate chips and THAT fudge was heavenly. One of my best loved ones, though is what I call "Rocky Road". It reminds me of the old Chunky bars. I add dried cherries,craisins or maraschino cherries--or raisins in a pinch, mini marshallows, and nuts (I love chopped pecans, but walnuts work). I have made peanut butter fudge but add a bit more margarine as the pb texture is different. I upcycle foam meat trays (dishwasher first!) and make a variety plate--or use a vintage plate from GW!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!