Summer Garden Bargains: Fabulous Find 405

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Today I'm sharing a few bargains I scored for the garden during the Memorial Day weekend. Locally, I've found it's the best time to refresh container plants for the summer months plus I came across a few unexpected finds like these adorable sunflower solar lights

Summer garden bargains

I must admit that I've been guilty of Dollar Tree envy at times when fun finds I see on other blogs haven't been available at my store. I'll also confess that I was initially a little hesitant to try these as I wondered if the light would be sufficient. I recently returned some bargain lights from another store because the light was about as bright as a single fairy light bulb, but I decided to try a few before committing to an entire set and I am so glad I did! First, I hadn't noticed that the top is adjustable so you can aim each one where you need light. Plus, not only did they look super cute set up, but they also they provided more light than any of the pricier ones I've had over the years--so of course, I ran back the next day and bought enough to line each side of my driveway! 

Summer garden bargains

Now Big Lots and Dollar Tree are located right next to each other, and when I popped into BL, I scored these speckled pots buy-one-get-one 50% off. The color doesn't show up as well as I'd hoped in the photo, but it's a pale robin's egg hue. They are made of resin which I've found to be more durable than plastic but not fragile like some of my terracotta pots.  

Summer garden bargains

I bought several French marigolds at Home Depot. (I also plant marigold seeds but I love this sunny yellow, and I've found the seeds don't always bloom the color I selected!) 

Summer garden bargains

Last but not least--my local Lowe's offers their vinca hanging baskets for $8 each during Memorial Day weekend each year. Like marigolds, they are drought tolerant, deer resistant and will bloom thru early fall. I simply remove the hangers since the size is perfect for refreshing larger pots. 

Summer garden bargains

So for just under $65, I scored 10 new solar lights, summer flowers for 8 containers, and 2 new pots! Cha-ching! Hopefully, I will have some thrift store finds to share soon--it's been slim pickings at the shops here lately! Next week, I'll be sharing special summer decor posts. I hope you'll stop by!

MONDAY: Summer Home Tour hosted by Marty from A Stroll Thru Life

2024 Summer home tour


TUESDAY: Summer Tablescape Blog Hop hosted by Rita from Panoply

Summer Tablescape Blog Hop

Until next time, happy and healthy hunting! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!