Flower Fairies in the Garden Summer Tablescape

Happy Tuesday, Friends! Today I'm delighted to join my talented tablescaping friends for the Summer Tablescape blog hop hosted by my dear friend, Rita from Panoply. Step into my garden for a enchanting setting featuring flower fairies

Summer Tablescape blog hop

If you hopped over after visiting Ricki Jill from the Bookish Dilletante, isn't her red, white, and blue table setting charming?  It is H-O-T in Texas, but we can visit in the morning when the temperature is pleasant and the birds are singing! If you love honeysuckle as much as I do, I recently shared a few posts to celebrate the nostalgic bloom: a fragrant floral luminary and my recipe for delicious simple syrup

Summer Tablescape blog hop

Since flowers always inspire me, it's only natural that this sweet flower fairy book served as the inspiration for my summer table. 

Summer Tablescape blog hop

It's been just a little over four years since the devastating storm that took down several trees in my garden. It has definitely been an adjustment. Fortunately many of the flowers that appeared to be goners that summer have since returned. I've also been leaning into meadowscaping by embracing the various wildflowers that can withstand the full sun in most of the garden. If you're from Texas, you know that plant labels that recommend "full sun" don't always apply to full Texas sun! 😉

Summer Tablescape blog hop

I gathered garden blooms to create a simple arrangement for my watering can centerpiece. 

Summer Tablescape blog hop

I shopped thrifted colllections from my home to create this lovely table setting and it's always a pleasure when I can use what I have on hand. 
  Summer Tablescape blog hop

Here's a few of the fairies that are joining us today. Maybe we'll encounter more among the flowers--who knows? 

Summer Tablescape blog hop
Summer Tablescape blog hop

This little fairy is guarding the macarons! If you prefer bagels, look here for my recipe! 

Summer Tablescape blog hop

I crafted artisan ice cubes for this sparkling spritzer--stay tuned for details on those soon! 

Summer Tablescape blog hop
Summer Tablescape blog hop

The pretty ivy napkins are also from my collection of thrifted linens and you can see how to create the floral placemat in the centerpiece, here. 

Summer Tablescape blog hop

I'm so glad you stopped by today! If you missed it, you can see my Southern Charm Summer Home Tour, here!

Summer Tablescape blog hop

My Thrift Store Addiction

Summer Tablescape blog hop

Next on the hop is Linda from Life and Linda--get ready for a trip to Margaritaville! 

Summer Tablescape blog hop

Panoply - Summer Meadow Bistro Tablescape

Hyacinths for the Soul - Summer Whimsy Tablescape

Home is Where the Boat Is - Stars and Stripes Alfresco Tablescape

Everyday Living - Say Hello To Summer With a Garden Tablescape

The Bookish Dilettante - Red, White and Blue Summertime Tablescape

My Thrift Store Addiction - Flower Fairies in the Garden Summer Tablescape

Life and Linda - A Margaritaville Party

The Cat's Whiskerz - A Tropical Tablescape for Summer

The Little Yellow Corner Store - A Fourth of July Tablescape - A Star Performance

Pandora's Box - Pineapple Delight

Thrifting Wonderland - Morning Tea in the Garden

Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Summer Road Trip

The Painted Apron - Summer Sea Shells

Red Cottage Chronicles - Summer Afternoon Tea Party Ideas

Dinner at Eight - Summertime Gardens for the Table

Belle Bleu Interiors - An Early Summer Tablescape in the Garden

Celebrating Everyday Life - Simple Homespun Patriotic Table Decor

Mantel and Table - A summer Pink Tablescape - Beautiful Indulgence for One

Me and My Captain - Small Backyard Space? Come Sit By Me


Would you like to comment?

  1. The first thing that comes to mind for me is that this is so 'dainty'. The centerpiece is so whimsical and the theme is sweet. I adore your sweet flowers in the watering can - clever idea! I would so enjoy sitting here. and chatting - as well as eating your macarons!!! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty Cecelia, I just love the casual flowers in the watering can, such a perfect centerpiece for a summer garden table! The flower fairies are adorable! Love the pretty pink and green plate stacks and the pink, yellow and green color palette with matching macarons! Delightful summer table!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecelia, you would never know you were in Texas from your charming setting. I love your use of a watering can for flowers. It is perfect for a summer table. The fairies are sweet just as the macrons. I would happily indulge one of those. It is always a treat to hop with you! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete

  4. Very sweet table Cecilia. The fairies are a favorite. Each one sitting on the plates is darling. The flowers look lovely in your watering can and those macarons look delicious. Happy summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww....this brings back memories with our daughters: They loved fairies! Your table's theme is adorable! :D Your centerpiece is very pretty, and your macarons are in the same color scheme as your table. The greens of your table are pretty, too. Thanks for your kind words about my post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember you posting about the storm damage. Your garden seems to be recovering. The watering cans say summertime.

    As always I enjoyed your dishes The fairies make it whimsical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so nice to see how far things have come since the storm. recovering from something like that is not easy. I loved the fairy theme. The Cecily Barker book is delightful. My husband has gifted me with several and her attention to detail in creating her flower fairies is really amazing.. Your green is lovely and I loved the use of flowers in your tablescape.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia, I’m a big fan of Flower Fairies and Cicely Mary Barker! Love your sweet fairy and pretty pastel pinks and greens. Your watering can makes the perfect centerpiece with your garden flowers! As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table. Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia, your Flower Fairies tablescape is adorable! It has such a dainty look to it and I love the colors you chose. The flowers in your watering can centerpiece are so pretty and I love the fairy guarding the macarons. Your garden in the background looks so pretty and tranquil - the perfect spot for a gardening table. It was great hopping with you and wishing you a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a pretty tablescape. Those Fairy Plates are gorgeous. Love them! Thank you for sharing.
    Joan,Marion and Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia, what a lovely fairy tablescape. First, I loved your floral centerpiece from your watering can. The flowers are as lovely and delicate as the fairies. Plus, I love your choice of light green and pink. Two perfect color combinations. Your vine placements are a great choice since they are delicate and as sweet as the florals. The jadeite plates have always been my favorite. The macroons are as pretty as delicious. I would love to learn to make my own. I can only imagine the lovely fragrance coming from your honeysuckle and rose plants. Sweet. Happy Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty! I love the flowers, the macaroons and those darling fairies. What a perfect place for a summer snack!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I LOVE those colors Cecilia! And your centerpiece is gorgeous! They way you’ve offset the flowers in the oval of the watering can handle is masterful! Is that rosemary I see in there? It must smell wonderful – floral and herbal – perfect at the table! Your fairies are darling, and so fun having the book there to glance through while you’re enjoying your macarons. Love the wood-slice coasters and the berry ice cubes. The drinks look so cool and refreshing. You’ve tied everything together beautifully – what a fabulous summer table!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecelia, your fairy themed table set in the garden is perfect! I would so love to be a guest at this beautiful table admiring your gorgeous flower garden. The spritzer and macarons look delicious. Living in Oklahoma, I understand the “full sun” problem. Our full sun can often cook sun loving flowers. It has been such a treat to join you on this hop. Happy summer! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia, even though Texas gets so hot so quickly, your garden tea looks very inviting with the cloud cover, a cool spritzer, and the meadow flowers surrounding! I'm so happy you're garden is recovering and that you are adjusting without all the trees. I think if I had a shade garden, I would have to necessarily learn an entirely new style of gardening! Although I know different shade-loving plants, I have absolutely no shade to speak of since my next door neighbor's contractor removed ALL of his landscaping last year.
    Thank you for joining the summer tablescape blog hop. I look forward to your spritzer details. Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cecilia, your summer table is truly delightful! It feels like a fairy setting for sure. The sweet blooms in the watercan make the perfect centerpiece, and the way you added the sprig and petite blooms beside the flatware is charming. The little fairy offering the macaroons made me smile. I so enjoyed your beautiful photos! Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cecilia, your pretty table is very enchanting, Your little fairies look beautifully on top of your jadite plates and surrounded by beautiful blooms. I love the sprinkling can as your centerpiece! It all has a bit of twinkle to it!! I hope you have a wonder summer☀️😎

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a darling table Cecilia! The photo with the honeysuckle caught my eye immediately. The scent is heavenly. I love your fairy themed table, and your crockery is my favourite combination of colours. Soft green and pink! The watering can filled with garden flowers is so pretty, and so perfect for your table! Your water glasses look so refreshing. I have always thought that fairies are quite enchanting, and your table setting, amongst your gardens is definitely enchanting! Happy to be hopping with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Cecilia ~ your fairies are PRECIOUS!! My daughter and I have several fairy books and we just love them! Your table is enchanting!! I particularly love the cutout fairies flitting around the setting! So charming!! Did you photocopy them or draw them? Either way - they add the perfect touch!! I'm so sorry about the loss of your trees but I'm so happy you are finding new ways to have flowers in your garden. Thank you for giving us a seat at your table!! Hugs ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cecilia, this is charmingly whimsical, with its theme of fairies! They bring a sweetly feminine vibe to a table shared with friends. I love that used a watering can as a vase for the flowers in pretty shades of pink, yellow and white. There's just the right amount of flowers so that they seem to float above your table. Hope you have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!