How to Make Delicious Honeysuckle Simple Syrup

Happy Monday, Friends! There's nothing better than a refreshing drink on a hot summer day and homemade simple syrups are an easy way to transform ordinary beverages. Today I'm sharing how to mix up delicious honeysuckle syrup in minutes

honeysuckle simple syrup

You may remember the lavender simple syrup I posted previously. When I shared my fragrant honeysuckle luminary last month, I learned from your feedback that I'm not the only one with a fondness for honeysuckle so I decided to create another floral syrup using this nostalgic flower. Ready to make your own?


Here's what you'll need:

2 cups water
1 cup honeysuckle flowers
1 cup sugar


First, bring the honeysuckle and water to a boil--it will smell ah-mazing! Next, reduce the heat and allow mixture to simmer, reducing it by half. Then, strain the honeysuckle, add sugar and heat on low until it is completely dissolved. Last, allow to cool and enjoy in the beverage, cocktail, or dessert of your choice.

honeysuckle simple syrup

TIP: This honeysuckle syrup is absolutely wonderful in iced jasmine tea! (It can be stored in a glass dispenser for up to two weeks.)

homemade simple syrup

My Thrift Store Addiction

homemade simple syrup
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!