Highlights from Chihuly Garden and Glass

Happy Monday, Friends! When I visited Favorite Son in Washington, we went to Chihuly Garden and Glass. Today I'm sharing highlights from the stunning museum collection. This post includes lots of colorful eye candy, so grab your favorite tea or coffee and come along 

Chihuly Garden and Glass   
The long-time exhibition displays the works of award-winning artist, Dale Chihuly, who was born in Washington and has an impressive design history, including studying glass blowing in Venice, Italy. 

Chihuly Garden and Glass

Aside from the breathtaking garden sculptures I'll be sharing, one of the things I enjoyed most was the artist's use of vertical space--the photographs above and the next few are all displayed from ceilings! 

Chihuly Garden and Glass

You'll notice the intricate glass designs look like real flowers. 

Chihuly Garden and Glass

While this icy white sculpture is absolutely breathtaking...

Chihuly Garden and Glass

...most of Chihuly's art features a brilliant array of colors!

Chihuly Garden and Glass
Chihuly Garden and Glass
Chihuly Garden and Glass

Now let's head out to the garden! These vibrant blues really pop against the natural plants.

Chihuly Garden and Glass

If you look closely, you can see the "tree" in the center is glass! Isn't it remarkable?!

Chihuly Garden and Glass

The museum is located in the downtown Seattle Center and here you can see the bottom of the Space Needle in the background of this chunky amethyst sculpture as well as a better view from the garden. 

Chihuly Garden and Glass

Look at the ornate curves and curlicues on this large garden sculpture! 

Chihuly Garden and Glass

Vertical space is also optimized outdoors--loved this collection of colorful sculptures hanging from the outside pavilion. 

Chihuly Garden and Glass

I would love to have these delicate beauties in my garden! 

Chihuly Garden and Glass

My Thrift Store Addiction

Chihuly Garden and Glass

I'd love to hear which sculpture you like most! 
My Thrift Store Addiction signature





Would you like to comment?

  1. Wow all of this is from glass. The talent is amazing. I can't believe the tree. I have never seen anything like this. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I was lucky enough to see a Chihuly exhibit in Atlanta Botanical Gardens several years back. What a treat for you to see the longitme museum installation as well as a visit with your favorite son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I visited Tacoma last summer and made a trip to Seattle to see the exhibition - LOVED IT! There is an exhibition at the Biltmore Estate this summer as well that I want to check out (I'm in NC).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being an armchair traveler. Your photography is awesome! Really enjoyed his use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!!! Absolutely loved getting to "visit" the museum with you! Breathtaking! - Thank you - Patty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chihuly art glass is my all time favorite. There is a display that comes to our local botanical gardens, but I’ve never seen this much in one place. Glorious!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!