Vintage Copper from Colorado: Friday's Find #367

Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! Last week, I had the pleasure of celebrating my birthday in Colorado with my daughters' families. Stay tuned for more on our visit, but today I'm sharing the copper finds I scored when Dear Firstborn took me to one of her favorite antique markets...

vintage copper

I've had copper accents in my kitchen for several years, including some hammered copper switch plate covers. Lately, I've been on the hunt for more and our jaunt through the antique market yielded an assortment of Gregorian, Turkish, and copper toned pieces. Above is a vintage Gregorian miniature ash bucket. I love the hammered finish! 

vintage copper

This type of vintage Turkish piece is often referred to as a ladle. However, I learned it is actually a Turkish coffee pot. 

vintage copper

Although this copper mug bears the stamp of a local Colorado distillery, it was also made in Turkey. It needs cleaning, and I've read about cleaning copper with baking soda but I have also heard good things about Bar Keepers Friend. Drop me a comment about your most effective way to clean mottled copper! 

vintage copper

The vendor called this piece a kettle. I didn't come across any like it during my research but I really like its shape.

vintage copper

Last but not least, an assortment of copper-toned cookie cutters! Before you go, have you had a chance to enter my giveaway


Until next time, happy and safe hunting!
My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. You did great! Lol, I had to laugh on the ash bucket. The photo was misleading re: size, and I was imagining your entry onto the plane. Did you carry the

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to enter your give away so hope this counts. My Christmas decorating swings from full on Country,to Vintage,to awesome bling. Since I am 75, I have had many Christmases to change up the decor. My favorite is trying to inter mingle it all. BTW, I use Cascade dishwasher packets to clean my copper pieces. I have decorative pieces and copper bottom pans. Just load them in top drawer of dishwasher and wash as usual. Hope this helps. Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any copper pieces, but I love the warmth of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kethup is my go to for cleaning copper. Smear it on, let it dry, wash it off! Easy Peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom had Revere Ware copper bottom pans--so I did--and still do--have them. I have a collection of Jello molds--some are are on the wall up behind the fridge where I don't have to dust them too often! I use them now and again--Jello, ice molds, cake pans. Someday I want to make an aspic in the fish shaped one--but I'll probably have to eat it all myself! I love copper as an accent as it glows so nicely at night under the lights.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!