Vintage Hankie Ornaments - No Sewing or Cutting!

Happy, happy Thanksgiving, Friends! Due to the holiday, we have a smaller group than usual for the Creative Craft hop, but we hope you'll be inspired sometime during the long weekend! Today I'm sharing a simple way to showcase vintage hankies on your Christmas tree--no cutting, gluing, or sewing required... 

DIY vintage hankie ornaments

If you hopped over after visiting Sara at Birdz of a Feather, welcome! Earlier this month, I shared a homemade ornament salvaged from a damaged vintage hankie. Now I am going to show you a super easy way to create an ornament and preserve your cherished vintage hankies. 

Here's what you'll need: 

Large clear ornaments (I used 10" and 12".)
An assortment of vintage hankies
Long, narrow, stick for positioning hankie
Ribbon for hanging (I used 3'8" velvet.)

vintage hankie ornament

As I mentioned before, there is no need to cut, glue, or sew your hankie. Start by carefully removing the metal top of the ornament. Next, use a lollipop stick or chopstick to gently push the hankie inside the ornament. Then, experiment with moving the stick different ways until you are pleased with the desired look. Last, replace the ornament top, tying a piece of ribbon as a hanger. 

vintage hankie ornament

My Thrift Store Addiction

vintage hankie ornaments

I'm thankful you stopped by and I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving weekend! You can visit the rest of my creative friends for more inspiration: 



My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Honored to be featured on these lovely blogs:

Featured!


Featured!


Featured



Featured!


Featured!


Feature

Would you like to comment?

  1. When I saw the title for this, I couldn't imagine how you were going to pull this off, but this is brilliant. The vintage ornaments are so pretty Cecelia! Your tree is absolutely gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia the ornaments looks so beautiful on your tree. I love how easy your tutorial is to follow. Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Cecilia! It's the perfect way to display handkerchief memorabilia at Christmastime! For as long as I can remember, my mom would tuck a handkerchief in her dress pocket everyday. And I saved a few of them. Thank so much for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty. I have some clear ornaments in my stash so now I just need to find some vintage hankies to recreate your awesome project. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea Cecilia! It is like a time capsule for my Grandmother's handkerchiefs! I have been searching the perfect project and thanks to you, I found it! I cannot wait to do this! Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a wonderful way to display vintage hankies, Cecelia. I love the fact that they don't have to be altered in any way - thanks for sharing such a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful ornament idea Cecelia! They look absolutely gorgeous on your tree!! I hope you're having a lovely Thanksgiving weekend!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Cecilia. I could see me doing this with some vintage family hankies! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Such a pretty way to use these hankies. Thanks so much for sharing with us at TFT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad you shared your darling hankie ornaments with us at our Tuesday Turn About Link Party. Be sure to look for your post to be featured this week and come back to share more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Cecelia! What a brilliant idea and a great way to preserve and make a keepsake gift. Featuring when my link party opens up. Merry Christmas my creative friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea! I'll be featuring your post on Crafty Creators this Thursday. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this. What a lovely way to pass on a loved one's hanky to the next generation--who has NO interest in using them as a hanky!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!