My Favorite Gadgets for Mastering Macarons

Hi there, Friends! Last week I shared my beginner tips for mastering macarons. Today, I'll show you my favorite and not-so-favorite kitchen gadgets for concocting the popular French pastry and explain why...


best gadgets for making macarons


When I was researching macaron making techniques, several recipes referred to a "piping pot." Almost all bakers recommend a baking template mat--I concur--and Amazon sells several kits like the pink set above that includes both the mat and the pot. You can also purchase the template mats individually...

best gadgets for making macarons


...or just a piping pot alone.  The first time I made macarons, I used a piping pot like this one. However, it tends to hold air which makes it difficult to squeeze. Also, the batter tends to pool toward the plastic lid on top. I found it slightly better than piping with a pastry bag. 


best gadgets for making macarons


Since then, I discovered these frosting bulbs that I prefer for piping macaron shells. Wilton tips work with them, and they are SO much easier to fill and pipe! Plus, there is a second bottle if you choose to pipe your filling. 


best gadgets for making macarons



Although almond flour isn't a gadget, I wanted to include it because grocery stores charge around $9 per pound while this 3 lb bag is less than $14. If you plan to make macarons more than once or try other keto baking recipes, it is definitely more economical. 

best ingredients for making macarons


My Thrift Store Addiction


best gadgets for making macarons



My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!