Gathered from the Garden: Fall in My Southern Home

Happy Monday, Friends! I am delighted to participate in the Bloggers' Best Fall Home Tour hosted by Kelly at The Tattered Pew. Join us for lovely fall decor inspiration from different bloggers every day this week...

fall home tour

If you've hopped over after visiting Stacy from Bricks 'n Blooms, welcome from Texas! We may not be known for brilliant fall foliage, but I am still enjoying bountiful blooms from the garden. Earlier this month, I welcomed autumn French style, with a sunset tablescape...

fall home tour

...featuring champagne, homemade macarons, fresh sunflowers, lamb's ear, and herbs from my garden

fall home tour

I adore the simplicity of gathering from the garden to bring the outdoors inside and allowing my decor to take cues from autumn's natural splendor. 

fall home tour

I used a vintage bottle rack to dry freshly harvested herbs, adding a simple arrangement of sunflowers on top. 

fall home tour

I continued to brighten my vintage buffet decor by adding sunflowers...

fall home tour



fall home tour

...and even adorning my vintage typewriter. Stay tuned--next week, I'll share how to keep fresh flowers alive in a typewriter display. 

fall home tour

A simple centerpiece on the dining table draws the eye to more natural decor on the mantel. 

fall home tour

As you've probably noticed, I love pairing my garden gatherings with thrifted vintage decor. Layering different textures like crisp vintage linens with a burlap runner gives the mantel cozy fall vibes. 

fall home tour

Rosemary thrives in the rocky Texas soil, and my garden has an abundance of it. I often use its sprigs in my floral arrangements because it smells heavenly and stays fresh for weeks. 

fall home tour

Fuzzy lamb's ear leaves add more cozy textures.

fall home tour

I scored the trio of amber vases from a yard sale on my block last year. They are perfect for fall! 

fall home tour

The writer in me is always drawn to signs with sentiments, and this is one I try to live by. Not to mention--it was a previous $5 clearance find from Kirkland's! In fact, everything you see on the mantel was either a thrift store, yard sale, or clearance bargain. 

fall home tour

My plate gallery wall featuring vintage floral transferware is a readers' favorite. Again, most of the plates were thrifted, and many were priced as low as .10! 

fall home tour

I hope I have encouraged those of you who feel like seasonal decorating is an expense you can't afford. Incidentally, I didn't buy anything new for this tour. While there is nothing wrong with an occasional splurge, I shop my home and garden first and try to challenge myself to use what I have in different ways. Whether you harvest blooms from your own garden or gather leaves and acorns during a walk, creating a beautiful home doesn't have to be expensive! 

fall home tour

I'm so glad you stopped by today! Next up is Pasha is Home! Have fun visiting the rest of today's featured bloggers--scroll down to find them as well as the schedule for the rest of the week. (See how to make this rustic textured pumpkin for $1, here!)

fall home tour


Bloggers' Best Fall Home Tours


All week long we are welcoming you into our homes. You can visit each fall home tour by clicking the links below.

fall home tour


Monday's Tours

Monday

The Tattered Pew / Midwest Life and Style / Bricks 'n Blooms

My Thrift Store Addiction / Pasha Is Home / Willow Bloom Home Blog


Tuesday's Tours

Tuesday

Open Doors Open Hearts / White Arrows Home / Cottage On Bunker Hill

Simply2Moms / Cottage In The Mitten / Fiddle Leaf Blog


Wednesday's Tours

Wednesday

Sweet Pea / County Road 407 / Lora Bloomquist Create and Ponder

Thistle Key Lane / Cloches and Lavender / A Life Unfolding


Thursday's Tours

Thursday

First Day of Home / The Old Barn / Tatertots and Jello

The Ponds Farmhouse / StoneGable / Noting Grace


Friday's Tours

Friday

Dabbling and Decorating / She Gave It A Go / Sand Dollar Lane

Robyn's French Nest / My Family Thyme / Shiplap and Shells


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. I love all your sunflowers!! We plant them in our garden and they are just a ray of sunlight!! Sooo beautiful friend!! Love your home decorated for Fall!! Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and soothing fall home. Loved your tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO gorgeous, Cecilia. I love the pretty tablecape you created with the sunflowers and amber bottles. It's perfect for fall. Happy to be touring with you this week.

    Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so lovely and I'm especially drawn to that beautiful outdoor tablescape. Sunflowers are a fall favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sunset tablescape and your sunflower and rosemary arrangements. Perfect fall touch in the cute amber bottles. Your home tour is so lovely Cecilia and I'm still crushing over your plate wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dining room looks great decked out for fall. I always enjoy seeing how you decorate your vintage typewriter for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cecilia! Beautiful as always...I love that wicker demi john and of course your chalkboard. Fall perfection! Thanks for joining me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia so beautiful! I love the mix of your thrifted vintage finds with all those pretty sunflowers! Your dining room looks beautiful for fall too! So pretty! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty Cecilia. Live your plate wall.

    Your chalkboard is always pretty too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty home tour! So fun touring together this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sunflower-themed sunset table, Cecilia! The quilt tablecloth, the evening sun; how picturesque. And I always enjoy seeing how you decorate your typewriter:) Fun tour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing your tours! Your creativity always inspires me! I love all the sunflowers! Love your new profile pic too my beautiful friend! ~ Kristin | White Arrows Home

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are so many pretty things, Cecilia! I just love your plate wall! I collect dishes so it is right up my alley. How awesome that you got the chalkboard for $1. So nice touring with you this week, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always seeing your home and had difficulty choosing my faves: loved the sunflowers, the vintage linens on top of burlap, and the plate wall. I am collecting old plates with cabbage-type roses to put on the pale pink walls of my daughter's former bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many lovely things to see Cecilia! Your tablescape is gorgeous! And as always, I can't get enough of your beautiful vintage pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't it amazing when nature can provide beautiful decor all on its own? I love the sunflowers and the way you arranged everything, including natural elements like dried herbs. I agree on shopping your own house first and foremost. Beautiful job, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cecilia!

    Your home tour was so great! I love how you incorporated sunflowers. So pretty! I pinned your dining room to my fall board to share :)

    xooxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sunflowers are the perfect summer to Fall transition! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love everything about this post. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty room with all of the yellow and thrifted finds. I enjoy seeing how you mix the new and old together. That's my favorite thing to do at my house. I don't want it to look like my grandma's house when I walk in so it's perfect. Loved the tour and hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a lovely fall tour, Cecilia! Your plate wall is amazing! Your chalkboard and those bright, beautiful sunflowers made me smile! It is always wonderful to hop with you! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful Fall ideas throughout your home. I love the plate wall and the sunflowers paired with the fresh rosemary. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Cecilia! I love the scripture chalkboard! Thanks for sharing on Crafty Creators!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!