Repurposed Vintage Magazine Rack for Autumn Herb Drying

Happy Monday, Friends! Today I'm sharing how I repurposed a previous estate sale find to create a vintage herb drying rack...

repurposed herb drying rack

The weather is beginning to get cooler, so I gathered some basil for drying. 

repurposed herb drying rack

Y'all know I like to get creative when it comes to drying herbs. I sell repurposed herb drying hangers in my Etsy shop...

repurposed herb drying rack

...and I've repurposed a vintage spoon display for herb drying, too! 

repurpose vintage herb drying rack

A few years ago, I scored this vintage magazine rack at an estate sale.  After whitewashing it, I have been using it to display vintage linens, but it's also perfect for drying herbs. 

repurposed herb drying rack

I used clothes pins to hang small bundles of basil and oregano...

repurposed herb drying rack

... and added a Homegrown sign to the top of the rack. 

repurposed herb drying rack

repurposed herb drying rack

My Thrift Store Addiction

repurposed vintage herb drying rack

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. That one's one of the best so far because as the herbs dry (esp lavender), the buds and leaves will get caught in the bin below!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this! And I envy your herb-growing prowess as well:) xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!