Bargain Pillows: Dressed Up for Fall!

Happy Wednesday Friends! On my recent Fall Home Tour, you saw these bargain mini pillows. Today I'm sharing how I made them uniquely mine with a few simple touches...

Upcycle bargain pillows

I started with these adorable mini pillows from Target's bargain bins--$6 for the pair! Cute, but a little generic so I decided to take them up a notch...

Upcycle bargain pillows

For the pumpkin, I added an estate sale brooch at the stem and a few tiny buttons:

Upcycle bargain pillows

The gold polka dot pillow was pretty fabulous on its own but I wanted to fall-ify it, so I added an acorn; borrowed from garland that was also from the bargain bins:

Dress Up Pillows for Fall

Simple and sweet neutral fall decor! 

Upcycled bargain pillows

How do you dress up your bargains? 


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:



Scrapality.com




The Enchanting Rose




You may also enjoy:


Vintage jewelry shower curtain hooks



Add bling to bargain pillows






Would you like to comment?

  1. Perfect! I need to start thinking like you because I wouldn't think of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They take on your personality now, Cecelia! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the pumpkin pillow was cute ... but adding the brooch and pearl buttons made it really special. The acorn is just perfect for the polka dot pillow. All look so pretty on your "Rosie".

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my kind of pillow making...awesome! Quick, inexpensive and now, totally original!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're one talented Lady!!! I love the brooch pillow and the acorn one!!! Too cute! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, how do you think to do these things??!!! I see those same pillows and just pass them by because they look so boring and it never crosses my mind to do anything else with them! I need to go shopping with you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute and clever idea, my friend! I just love your pillows {especially the pumkpin}. I will be featuring this lovely post at Roses of Inspiration tomorow afternoon. Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inspiration. Hard to pick a favorite but I guess I'd pick the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and thrifty way to dress up your pillows. So darn clever!!! Thanks for sharing your idea at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You took them from fun to fabulous Cecilia. Love the brooch and buttons! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!