Have a Rosy Fall... Tablescape!

Happy Wednesday Friends! Remember this gorgeous estate sale find? It's a little heavier than my usual table linens so I thought it would make a lovely transition into fall...

Rose velvet table runner
If you told me a year ago, that I would be adding rosy accents to my decor, I might have been skeptical!  Don't get me wrong, I like pink-- I wear it often and have some in my bedroom and studio.  I just didn't quite see it for my living and dining spaces but that was before I found Rosie, my prized vintage sofa...

Vintage pink settee


Ever since I saw how she complements my gray walls and turquoise hues, I have been smitten and definitely more open minded about her rosy shade which leads me back to the table runner and the inspiration for my fall tablescape.   Recognize that sugar bowl? 


Vintage transferware sugar bowl


You may remember, I hinted that I had a plan for these recent transferware treasures--found on the same day but different sales! I am always amazed at how things come together when I mix my thrifted goodies.  

Vintage transferware

I often pair my china with vintage thrift store dishes and I really love the transferware with the table runner.  Even though the shaker was missing its mate, I grabbed it for .50 and it makes the perfect succulent vase. Tiny golden pumpkins add sparkle and pick up the gold in the runner and china. 

Vintage dishes tablescape

Curious about those ivory legs in the background? I have had this yard sale serving stand for ages.  Here it serves double duty--adding height and also creating a unique and functional display for pretty cups for coffee with dessert.  Do you spot another recent Friday's Find feature? 

Vintage teacups

Here's a closer peek: 

English transferware teacup

Did you notice the tiny leaf place card holders? Originally on clearance from Target, I used these every Thanksgiving for years!  

Gold leaf place card holders

A few more details...

Rosy fall tablescape

...and the dining room view.  Have you found yourself drawn to a new or unexpected color? 

Rose gold tablescape

Have you been following the Blogger Fall Tour? It's going on now, so check it out and be sure to come back here Friday to see the rest of my fall home and garden!

Fall home tour




MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:






Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. This is all so pretty, Cecelia! It really is fun to see thrifted items come together! Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made a very pretty runner and looks like you had the perfect dishes to go with it. Looks really pretty.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your apple dishes. You sure have many thrifted treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have beautiful tablescapes, Cecilia but this one may be my favorite! Love the transferware and your rosy runner! Perfect touch. As much as I love color, I find I'm crushing on taupe. To me, it's the perfect neutral. I'm actually thinking of painting my lower kitchen cabinets in it. Bruce is going to roll his eyes if I do. He says he has to keep moving or I'll paint him too. Lol. Have a wonderful rest of the week.
    Cecilia :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your table runner is so pretty and really makes your other treasures pop. Thanks so much for sharing at VIParty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featured your lovely Fall décor for today's Let's Talk Vintage! Thanks so much for sharing it with us! It should post in about 8 minutes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fall decor is just beautiful! I love the way the table is set and the pretty China. TFS.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet Cecilia, your fall tablescape is simply lovely and your dishes are so perfect for this wonderful season. You certainly know how to make a guest feel welcomed and I know anyone that sits at your table has a delightful time. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia, I love that runner and it certainly does hi-light sweet Rosie! I really like the pink tones mixed in with your aqua. I too love it when treasures seem to come together. Seeing your pretty plate reminds me that I found some similar ones last year and I haven't pulled them out yet. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!