Fall Home Tour

Welcome Friends and if you are new here, I'm so glad to have you visit! I am thrilled to participate in the final day of the Blogger's Fall Home Tour.  Later, I'll be sharing links to all of the fabulous blogs but first, pour a cup of coffee or tea and get comfy! Time to usher in fall ~ thrifty style...


Happy Fall chair display
Many of you mentioned the chalk painted thrift store chair pictured above, as your favorite, so I thought it was a good place to start.  You can see the before hereIf this is your first visit, be prepared to see the word thrifted--often!  I use the word as a verb and an adjective and would say 90% of my home and garden decor has been purchased at thrift stores, estate or yard sales. The rest is purchased on sale or clearance.  Most of my posts are related to how I upcycle and repurpose my finds to create timeworn elegance with a touch of whimsy in my home.  Speaking of whimsy, here is my fall mantel:

Neutral and metallic fall mantel

When I found this marquee light pumpkin and #blessed sign both 50% off at Hobby Lobby, I got down right giddy! Everything else, including the chicken feeder behind the sign was thrifted, repurposed or upcycled.  Yes, I said chicken feeder! 


Whimsical fall mantel

Last spring, I found a vintage chicken feeder marked down at an antique mall and designed my mantel with it.  It was one of my most popular posts and since then I have challenged myself to include it in all of my seasonal mantels.  For fall, it is adorned with acorns and metal leaf garland, as it displays the new lighted pumpkin. {More on the chicken feeder, here.}  I like to use neutrals against my vibrant turquoise wall.  This year, I added shimmering gold accents, like these acorns housed in a yard sale wire urn. I love the contrast next to the rustic jute pumpkin.

Neutral and metallic mantel

On the right side, a milk glass vase from my thrifted collection is filled with grocery store wheat. A mercury glass pumpkin and votives add even more sparkle.   

Neutral and metallic fall mantel

The birdhouse garland is a recent repurpose, fashioned out of old Christmas ornaments.  See more about it here.

Repurposed birdhouse garland


Just below the mantel, are my glam gourds from Goodwill! 

Glam gourds

The view from my ottoman...

Neutral and metallic fall decor


In the neighboring corner my beloved dress form, Juliet is also dressed for fall.

Dress form as fall decor

On the sofa table, dried hydrangeas and an acorn filled lantern bring accents from nature indoors.

Whimsical fall decor

Mini pillows from Target's bargain bin--one garnished with an acorn, borrowed from garland you'll see soon and

Polka dot acorn pillow

the other with buttons and estate sale bling. So....

Pillow bling


...Rosie, my vintage sofa is decked out for fall! 

Vintage pink sofa

Candle light is another fun way to usher in the season. This fragrant soy candle was never used and still in the box, when I found it at a yard sale for a fraction of its original cost. Below, it's nestled in a silver tray of acorns.  Onto the dining room...

Candle and acorn tray


My dining room tablescape was inspired by the rose velvet runner found at an estate sale. 

Fall tablescape

I often mix dishes from my thrifted collection with my vintage china. Transferware is one of my favorites! You can see more tablescape details here.

Vintage fall tablescape

Finally, the kitchen--featuring my treasured Jadeite collection.  I've collected over time from yard sales, thrift stores and antique shops and when I travel, it is always on my radar! The same is true for the vintage table cloths I use on my breakfast table. 

Vintage jadeite

I am smitten with the intricate detail on these English Daher ware bowls and

Vintage jadeite

whimsical vintage squirrel salt and peppers--both were estate sale finds. 

Vintage squirrel salt and peppers

This is my greeting when I open my backdoor daily! I may be a teeny bit obsessed but can you blame me? 

Vintage jadeite collection

Here's that adorable acorn garland, I mentioned for the mini pillow--also from Target's dollar spot bins.  Green apples and mandarins provide color, fragrance and healthy fall snacking! 

Fall vignette

Thanks so much for stopping by--come back Sunday to see my fall garden tour! 
May your day be filled with pumpkin spice and everything nice!

Pumpkin spice...chalkboard


Here are the rest of today's tours plus those from earlier this week, just in case you missed any--Enjoy! 





MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR THE FEATURING THIS POST: 



Embracing Change




The Dedicated House




Party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Everything looks so beautiful and inviting! I love the mix of the new with the old and that dress form all decked out for fall, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely home tour, thank you for inviting us in.
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was enjoying all the decor, then came to the jadeite collection and had to stop and collect my breath. Oh my, what a show stopper that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, YOU certainly did not disappoint. Like Karla, I was aghast at that fantastic Jadeite collection! You are such a thrifty girl, and your home just exudes coziness and love. I guess I'd better start looking in those bins at Target. I seem to walk right past them. I'm going to be coming back to look at this again and again!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog and I am in love. I so enjoy it when people repurpose their bargain finds, it's hard not to appreciate their creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Karla, what a wonderful Jadeite collection you have! Your home is lovely, with so many wonderful, colorful touches throughout! Thank you for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the thrifted finds. The jadite is so pretty with the dishes. Thanks for the fall tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I want to come and shop your house!! I love your table settings and that acorn banner is just too sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is so pretty all decked out for fall!! I love all your thrifty finds.


    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tour. Love the acorn pillow and garland. Absolutely love your Jadeite collection. Wish I would have started collecting that a long time ago.

    Thanks for the tour.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cecilia, I love, love, love your home and all of your beautiful treasures! I have a small chicken feeder and it works perfectly in just about any vignette I throw it in. Such a versatile piece of decor...who knew, right??!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great, Cecilia! I love that you stuck with your aqua and teal tones and didn't succumb to orange ;) What beautiful vintage pieces you have...they fit perfectly in your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is so pretty. I love those pillows and all that jadeite!
    Hugs, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it all. You are so talented ... using your thrifted items and making them work for such pretty displays to usher in Fall. I have some chicken feeders, a few pumpkins and metal leaves ... can you come over and decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're killing me with your Jadeite collection! I want to roll around naked on your table, except a) that would be weird and b) I might break some of that loveliness!!! Thanks for the great tour!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is all so pretty, Cecelia! LOVE the bird dishes and the jadeite...and the squirrel s&p set is adorable! I love whimsy in decor, too! The mirror above your mantel is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty! Your table looks lovely and very welcoming!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness Cecilia! I love it! Every single thrifty detail! You definitely have an eye for decorating. I saw so many great ideas. My favorite is the nook in your kitchen. How fun and beautiful is that to come home to every day. Great tour!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love every single detail of your Fall decorating! If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be your jadeite collection and your lovely table and wall decorated with it....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow..everything looks so pretty. I like the bird dishes a lot

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Cecilia, you Fall decor is so perfect right down to the smallest acorn. Thanks for inspiring me all over again. Hugs, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it! It all looks cozy and inviting, Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is all precious.... That jadeite makes me swoon. Love it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Love all your Fall decor ! Your table looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Warm and wonderful....enjoyed your tour and Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You did it again!!! LOVE it all!!! The pops of turquoise with the gold and natural elements are a MAJOR score!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well, you know I am in love with your thrift style! But girl, I am dying for that flower sign! I hope to have as much jadite as you some day. :) Love the transferware as well. I found a few pieces very similar last year. The bowls certainly are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with SYC. I will be featuring you this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  28. The little birdhouse banner immediately caught my eye - how adorable, my friend! Yes, you have indeed done it again.... you have created a beautiful and charming autumn display :)

    Thanks for sharing your sweet self with Roses of Inspiration. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Every room is so pretty and festive! I love your vignettes and fall touches, especially the acorns in the silver dish. Your Jadeite collection is gorgeous! Thanks so much, Cecilia, for sharing your fall tour at Vintage Inspiration Party.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your jadeite dishes and the table you've set with it. It's a wonderful and unique collection. Your china in the other tablescape is equally gorgeous.
    I pinned this tour as everything Fall is very inspiring.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great tour! I love your jadeite! Your home is fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such fun and beautiful fall inspiration! Thank you for sharing this week on the Art of Home-Making Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cecilia you have such a beautiful home. And very unique with exquisite pieces. All that thrifting has done so much good. Each piece on your mantel is one of a kind. And the kitchen with all of it's jade pieces. I am gushing.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your home is such a delight to see! It is so utterly charming, and cozy. I love your self and table setting of jadeite dishes.

    Thank you for sharing you home,
    :)Hope

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful home and clever ideas. Like you, 90% of my home is thrifted, sale, or clearance. :) I like the mirror that is hanging over the fireplace. I have a tired one, similar to yours, which I am going to paint. What did you use to accent the 'fancywork'? I used antique-ing fluid back in the day, but now there is wax, which I am unfamiliar with. Your mirror is the look I want to obtain, would appreciate info.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!