Friday's Find: A Home for Rosie!

Hi there, Friends! Today's fabulous find is a real treat!  A few years ago, when I updated my living room, I searched relentlessly for a Vintage sofa. The only ones I found were online and way out of my price range.  I finally settled on a settee in hopes that I would someday find my elusive sofa.  Guess what?! Here she is...

vintage blush-colored sofa

Meet Rosie...and yes, she is a thrift store find! I was browsing in my favorite local store. I was not shopping for a sofa--in fact, I walked past the first time.  Then out of the corner of my eye I spied the pretty curved back and rolled arms.  Even better, I noticed a markdown tag and upon closer inspection, saw that the upholstery was absolutely pristine! I will confess, at first the pale rose-blush pattern did give me pause.  I suspected it would complement the turquoise and gray in my living room but just wasn't sure.  I took a photo and went home thinking I might return the next day. Once home, it took me all of fifteen minutes to decide. After standing in my living room and repeatedly staring at the photo, I called the store to tell them I wanted it!  

Vintage settee

Despite the upholstery's excellent condition, the ornate legs were pretty banged up so I planned to paint them and lighten them up.  Just as she arrived, before painting....

Vintage settee


...and after with pillows. Even though I am fairly certain I wouldn't have sought out a pink sofa, I am completely smitten with the new look!  Have you had a similar experience with an unexpected color or found that special piece you may have given up on?


Vintage settee


p.s. Rosie is not just another pretty face--she's comfy too! 

My Thrift Store Addiction


MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:


                                                          JUNKINLOGO22111111


Rooted In Thyme



Embracing Change








Would you like to comment?

  1. Love Rosie and the white legs are perfect. One of the things I love about thrift shopping and junking is the unexpected items I find that I might not buy if it was full retail price. She looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie is beautiful, great find! I love her new painted legs too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Cecilia ... that is a great sofa and wonderful condition. The white legs are perfect for her. I know you will enjoy that one.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, what a great find and the white legs are a major upgrade. Good eye, very classy!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have snapped her up and figured out the logistics later! When we would go to the bread thrift, we would always look in the front window of a regular thrift store down the way. 9 times out of 10, there would be a pink sofa in the window. We have a love seat and a settee already, and when the time comes, we will get them recovered and might choose pink just because of the fun memory. It's fun, carefree and unexpected! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cecilia. Love your new sofa. It looks great with your color scheme. I noticed you signed up for the ornament exchange on my blog and am thrilled to have you join. I was unable to e-mail you back as you came up as a no reply blogger. My e-mail is vickyhunt0605@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from yoiu...:)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous! Rosie looks perfectly at home! Love those white legs... Makes me think of my husbands legs LOL! Happy November friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I probably would have walked right past it but you have made it beautiful. Painting the legs was genius. That gave it just the right look and I'm loving it with the aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you going to age down the legs or leave them just painted? The fabric is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rosie is the perfect backdrop for the turquoise - the pink is like a neutral in this space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing find! I've never had the luck to find something in such good condition at my local thrift shop. Thanks so much for sharing at the Make it Monday Party! Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rosie is beautiful Cecilia and I love her new white legs. Thank you for sharing at Share It One More Time. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your Rosie. She has beautiful legs and painted white they really stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely love the little redo on the couch! Thanks for sharing @ TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia, Rosie is absolutely gorgeous! What a difference the white legs made. She looks right at home with your aqua accents and I love the little cupboard in the corner! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's absolutely beautiful - an amazing find! I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely shape! And while the rose fabric is pristine and works in your decor...if you ever get tired of the color, you can easily paint it with ASCP, and it stays nice and soft. :) Congrats on the find!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rosie is perfect for that room! I think the color comes off like a neutral. Great find!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!