Refresh Your Home: DIY Painted Furniture


Happy Wednesday Friends! Recently, I have been on a mission to refresh my home and have been painting like crazy!  Since my hallwaydining and living spaces are freshly painted I wanted to upgrade a few accent pieces as well. The great thing about painting furniture is that you can always repaint and believe me, I do!  I usually start with a light sanding, apply satin latex paint with a foam brush and finish with a light coat of wax. Here, I painted the sofa table from sage green to gray.

DIY painted furniture


The gray shows up better below...


DIY painted furniture


....and in this photo from a previous post you can see how it looks in the room.


DIY painted furniture


Next, I repainted this small cabinet in my hallway a pretty robin's egg shade. For this project, I decided to try chalk paint, mainly because I fell in love with the color and it is harder to find than you might think. The name of the color I used is Santa Fe Turquoise. Chalk paint provides excellent coverage and this one is described as naturally green which really appeals to me. Now I am on the hunt for some Vintage glass handles to complete it! 


DIY painted furniture


A closer look....


DIY painted furniture

Do you enjoy painting furniture and giving it your own touch? I would love to hear about your latest DIY project! 


My Thrift Store Addiction

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!