Homemade Healthier Fudgy Brownies

Happy Monday, Friends! Y'all already know I'm a chocoholic and this girl loves a gooey chocolate brownie! I've tried and tweaked lots of different recipes and today I'm sharing my homemade healthier version for guilt-free indulging

healthy brownie recipe

Maybe you're not a fan of sweet potatoes or baking with vegetables, but I hope you'll keep an open mind. Since the sweet potato is mixed with dark cocoa, I promise you will not taste the veggie in this fudgy recipe! 

Ingredients: 

2/3 cup oat flour (I love the texture of ground oat flour, but you can substitute all purpose or unbleached.)
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup dark cocoa
2/3 cup coconut sugar (Great low glycemic index option for baking.) 

Baked sweet potato with skin removed, mashed, and cooled
2 tsps olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Start by combining the dry ingredients. Next blend the mashed baked sweet potato, olive oil, and vanilla. 

healthier brownie recipe

Then add the dry ingredients to the sweet potato mixture, adding water gradually as needed until batter is about the consistency of peanut butter. Last stir in walnuts and chocolate chips and bake in a parchment paper lined small pan (6 x 8) at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly before cutting. Makes 12 brownies.


My Thrift Store Addiction

healthy brownie recipe

My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. This sounds great. I remember trying black bean brownies and was surprised how good they were. About how much sweet potato did you use? I have a large can languishing on a shelf. I usually buy HUGE sweet potatoes and cut them in half to share with my SO. A dash of cinnamon and maple syrup makes them special!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pinned this because I've been making some dietary changes and this fits the bill. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!