Elegant Vintage Christmas Decor with a Touch of Whimsy

Happy Monday, Friends! Today I am delighted to be joining the Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours! That means every day this week you will be able to visit several different homes all decked out for Christmas, so settle in with you favorite coffee or tea and come on in

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

If you hopped over after visiting Michelle from Our Crafty Mom, welcome! Y'all know I have a fondness for adding touches of whimsy to my vintage decor. Since I often begin my tours in the kitchen where my backdoor entrance is located, I thought we would start at the front entry today.

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Upon entering from the front door, the first thing you see is one of my favorite DIYs--a previously ugly duckling thrift store dresser that I transformed into an elegant buffet.

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

I challenged myself to use what I have rather than buying anything new this holiday season, but I purposely rearranged the placement of my decorations. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

So I styled my whimsical vintage book tree on the buffet this year...

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

...and gave Leonardo a festive crown of planted paperwhites. (TIP: Instead of filling forced bulbs with moss, use a small wreath instead!)  

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

My gathered clearance Christmas village has also been relocated, now making its home on the mantel. Stay tuned--later this week I'll be sharing tips for this deconstructed wreath. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Here's a peek of it at night.

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

If you haven't tried forcing bulbs during the winter months, you may be surprised just how easily and quickly they grow--you don't even need dirt!   

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

To ensure blooms by Christmas, I planted this amaryllis bulb just after Halloween. You can find my easy growing tips, here.

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

I had my heart set on copper bells this year so when I couldn't find any, I got out my paint brush to elevate inexpensive craft bells. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Although my vintage wall ornament tree display and Christmas tree corner are constants, I have switched out my chair and pillow this year. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

I adore bottle brush trees and usually scatter them throughout my holiday decorations, but this time I created a whimsical display with a large grouping. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

I even moved the flannel star pillows from one sofa to the other for a cozier vibe. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

I repurposed napkin rings from last year's holiday clearance to create sweet mini wreaths. (I'll be featuring these at my place settings in my Christmas tablescape next week!) 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

When Dear Firstborn gave me this darling rattan mushroom for my birthday, I knew I wanted to pair it with the beautiful embroidered hoops she gave me last Christmas. Next month, I'll be sharing more details about this magical vignette. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

I had fun decorating this little hallway nook that is just outside my bedroom. 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Now we have come full circle to a sneak peek of my Christmas decor in the kitchen, which I'll be featuring soon! 

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Next up is our gracious host, Kelly from The Tattered Pew! 



My Thrift Store Addiction

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours




Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tours

This week I am joining some of my blogging friends for the Bloggers’ Best 2023 Holiday Home Tours. Thirty talented and creative women will be opening their homes up for you to tour all week long. You can visit each home tour by clicking the links below. Enjoy!


Monday's Tours


The Tattered Pew // StoneGable // Worthing Court Blog

Southern Home and Hospitality // Our Crafty Mom // My Thrift Store Addiction


Tuesday's Tours

Bloggers Best Holiday Home Tour Tuesday

A Life Unfolding // Living Large In a Small House // Cottage On Bunker Hill

Bricks 'n Blooms  // Cottage In the Mitten


Wednesday's Tours

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tour Wednesday

WM Design House // The Ponds Farmhouse // Shiplap and Shells

Simply 2 Moms // Robyn's French Nest // Amy Sadler Designs


Thursday's Tours

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tour Thursday

Midwest Life and Style // White Arrows Home // White Lilac Farmhouse

DIY Beautify // A Stroll Thru Life // Thistle Key Lane


Friday's Tours

Bloggers' Best Holiday Home Tour-23

She Gave It a Go // Pasha Is Home // This Is Simplicite

Decor to Adore // Le Cultivateur // Peacock Ridge Farm


HONORED TO BE FEATURED HERE:

Featured!

Home Imagined Link Party 


Featured!


My Thrift Store Addiction signature



Would you like to comment?

  1. I love all of your sweet vintage Christmas touches! And how cute is the stack of Christmas tree books???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks so pretty all decked out for the holidays! I love the blush tones you used as well. Happy to be touring with you this week, Cecilia. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia I always love touring your home for Christmas! I love all of your vintage touches and the Christmas tree made of books is just perfection. I pinned that picture. I think the fact that it was all green books sold me! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty touches! I love the way you decorate with thrifted and second hand finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is so sweet and looks beautiful this year. Love your collection of trees but my favorite has to be the stacked green books. I've realized I need to buy more green books! Hope you enjoy the holiday season. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecilia, in my book, you get the blue ribbon for Monday! It's all so lovely!

    ReplyDelete














  7. Cecilia I absolutely love the color palette you selected. It is truly stunning! The stack of books is so charming. It's a joy to be on tour with you!




    ReplyDelete
  8. So many pretty vintage touches Cecilia! I always love seeing the ornament tree on the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all these vintage goodies decked out for the holidays! Beautiful. Enjoy the season, Libbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all gorgeous, and love those colors! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love that vitnage ornament wall art that you made!! It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You do vintage items best! Your home looks so pretty and ready for Christmas. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cecilia, I cannot begin to tell you how much I adore that green stack of books shaped into a Christmas tree!!! I LOVE IT!! I need to find me some more green books so I can do that. How fun!! I enjoyed your home all decked out for Christmas!! Thanks so much for sharing at Home Imagined this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. AnnMarie | Simply2MomsNovember 28, 2023 at 5:22 PM

    Cecilia your home looks wonderful. I love the use of greenery. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia, where to begin! Each photo is more magical than the one before it. The book tree is an absolute favorite along with the wall tree, bottlebrush trees and the mushroom Vignette is amazing.I’ll be back to see that for sure. Thank you so much for all the inspiration. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I need to start shopping for vintage green books! Love your book tree and your ornament wall art! Everything is just gorgeous Cecilia! Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cecilia,
    Such a fun tour and I love that you painted the bells copper. I'm obsessed with copper now. So fun touring with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's always such a treat to see your home decorated for the season Cecilia. You know I adore your vintage collections. And the book tree is the sweetest. Happy holidays my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many great ideas. I especailly love your vintage book "Christmas tree". So creative.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your home is beautiful! Now that I have followed you for several years, I recognize and appreciate your treasures! I really enjoyed how you said you were just rearranging your decor rather than buying more this year. When I was first married, my late ex, a cement truck driver, was always laid off in the winter. By the time cabin fever set in in Feb., money was always tight. So my idea of redecorating was to put up clean curtains and different throw covers, rearrange the furniture, but the bedroom art in the living room and vice versa. Fifty years later, I still do it to a lesser degree. Works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cecilia, so many beautiful things to look at in your home. My mouth dropped seeing your book "The Secret Garden". One of my favorites along with Little Women. I love the ornament tree on the wall with the gorgeous frame around it. A beautiful statement!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So romantic and pretty in pink, Cecilia! Love your painted dresser; what a fun piece to decorate with. Thanks for the lovely tour!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Leonardo's crown! When your paper whites bloom, they will look fantastic growing in his head. Thank you for sharing your post with the Home Imagined Link Party.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!