Create Festive Frosted Candle Holders in 2 Easy Steps

Happy Thursday, Friends! I'm popping in a day early to join the Creative Crafts blog hop hosted by Chloe at Celebrate and Decorate and Andrea from Design Morsels. Today I'm sharing a simple project that's the perfect pandemic craft, because you likely already have the supplies on hand...

DIY frosted candle holders

If you've hopped over after visiting Gail at Purple Hues and Me, welcome! Aren't her velvet Christmas florals lovely? For my craft, I repurposed my favorite yogurt jars to create pretty frosted candle holders that can be used from Thanksgiving through the winter months. 

DIY frosted candle holders

If you don't eat Oui yogurt--no worries--all you need is any small jar, epsom salt, and Mod Podge. 

DIY frosted candleholders

Step 1: Coat the jar in Mod Podge, holding it with your fingers inside, as pictured. 

DIY frosted candle holders

Step 2: Gently roll the jar in a shallow tray of epsom salt. 

DIY frosted candle holders

Voila! That's all there is to it! I opted to keep mine simple, surrounding them with holiday greenery, but you can embellish yours as desired. {See how to create fragrant dried oranges, here!

DIY frosted candle holders


My Thrift Store Addiction

DIY frosted candle holders

Next up, is Carol from Bluesky at Home--you're going to love how she uses vintage cutting boards! Check out all of the creative bloggers' posts below for more holiday crafting inspiration!

Would you like to comment?

  1. Oh so pretty Cecilia! What a wonderful and easy way to add a soft glow and sparkle for the holidays or winter months! I think next time I buy yogurt I’ll have to buy Oui for the pretty jar. ‘-) So happy to be hopping with you again. Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Cecilia! What a pretty idea to use the Qui jars! They look lovely, cozy and inviting as candle holders! I have so many that I've stopped saving them! You've inspired me to make a few of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out adorable, Cecilia. Pretty little votive holders that would be perfect on a Christmas tablescape.
    And aren't those little Qui yogurt cups the best:)
    Have a happy Thanksgiving
    hugs
    RR

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to start eating Out yoghurt - lol! These votives are so pretty Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are really pretty Cecelia, I have a stack of Oui jars I've been saving! The candlelight with the epsom salt is gorgeous!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks amazing. Love how the candle glistens. Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple craft with a lovely result, especially in candlelight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh now I want to go back and make some more candle holders with snow. I didn't think of that. These turned out so simple and cute. I've never seen yogurt cups like that before. Thanks for being in the hop today and Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have saved some of those jars too. Lovely craft, it's so fun to create snowy candle holders that can stay up for the whole season too. Wonderful crafting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple, so pretty. With jars with threads on the top, I have added a ribbon (1/2" wide works!) with a simple bow, a small wintery sprig with a tiny pine cone, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty. I'm going to have to try something with Epsom salt one day. I have the salt-- just need to figure out a project with it! My salt looks a little different--- the grains are different shapes than yours. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really pretty, Cecilia! I must try that yogurt. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aren't these fun and so easy to make? I have them on our bookcase in our family room.

    Great craft!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecilia, These are so pretty! I had done something similar last year, but I used diamond dust. This sounds much easier! I wish I liked yogurt, I would love to have a collection of these little jars for crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecilia, I love how these sparkle and look like ice! There's nothing like turning something that was destined for the trash into something beautiful. Those yogurt containers have a nice shape. My friend Lynne used them to make mercury glass votive holders. So many possibilities! Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cecilia, this idea is brilliant. The epsom salts look just like snow. I think I have some in the laundry room. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!