And Heaven and Nature Sing! Christmas Home Tour

Happy Monday, Friends! Have you noticed how many people started decorating early for the holidays this year? After the turbulence the pandemic has wreaked, I guess we can all use an extra dose of Christmas cheer this season! Well, I have just the thing for you: beginning today, during the Bloggers' Best Holiday Tour hosted by Mansa at This is Simplicite and Kelly from The Tattered Pew, several bloggers will be sharing their festive Christmas home tours every day this week...

Christmas home tour

...for a total of 29 lovely tours by Friday! If you've hopped over after visiting Kelly at The Tattered Pew, I know you were inspired by her beautiful home decked out for the holidays--welcome! Many of you know I love to mix things up in my decor--pairing handmade or vintage treasures with bargain finds, fresh and faux florals with natural accents, and lots of layered textures. This year, I was inspired by the timeless Christmas carol lyrics of Joy to World: ...And Heaven and Nature Sing! We'll begin in the living room: fragrant dried oranges are an inexpensive way to add natural accents throughout your home. 

Christmas Home Tour

Featured above are a few of the pairings I mentioned: dried oranges with flocked garland and faux eucalyptus and one of my favorite bargain holiday signs from Michael's inside a thrifted vintage frame. The Joy pillow is repurposed from clearance placemats, and you'll also notice plenty of cozy textures from vintage linens and handmade throws. 

Christmas Home Tour

On my blush vintage settee sofa, I've layered textures by pairing my favorite velvet pillows with holiday flannel star pillows from Target's Dollar Spot. 

Christmas Home Tour

My Christmas tree reflects similar combinations, such as luxe velvet ribbon paired with natural accents like more dried oranges and mini pinecones along with ornaments from my vintage collection. Stay tuned--'ll be sharing more details about my tree decorating on Saturday!

Christmas Home Tour

Do you have Christmas favorites that you use year after year? This gold framed sentiment was a post-holiday clearance find, and it always makes me smile. 

Christmas Home tour

And who doesn't love bottle brush trees?! My collection features vintage trees as well as some of the contemporary colored ones. 

Christmas Home Tour

Perhaps my favorite Christmas decor tradition is displaying the vintage nativity that was passed down to me from my mother, who gave her mother a different figure each year as a Christmas gift. 

Christmas Home Tour

Each year, I display it a little differently, but I always try to give it a special place of honor to celebrate the reason for the season. 

Christmas Home Tour

TIP: Use double strands of fishing line to hang "floating" displays like this glittery star and Christmas sign. 



You may remember the thrifted vintage chalkboard I featured during my fall home tour. Truth be told, I display it year round, and although it is a chalkboard, I didn't want to remove the stenciled message from Colossians: Let the peace that comes from Christ rule your hearts and give thanks always. So I did what I often do to make the most of my stenciled pillows and flipped the chalkboard over. Although it wasn't a two-sided chalkboard, it was easy enough to paint with chalkboard paint and add the Christmas carol lyrics. TIP: Use white pencils to stencil chalkboards instead of chalk. They are easier to work with, and the art will be more durable but can still be erased if desired. 



At the beginning of the month, I shared 3 simple lanternscapes, including this sweet one featuring a mother deer with her fawn. I placed it inside a large rattan tray--another clearance find--adding more vintage deer...



...faux snow, and bottlebrush trees. I love how festive it looks on my repurposed vintage buffet.



The buffet and readers' favorite vintage transferware plate gallery are on the wall opposite my dining room table. 



I enjoy adding a touch of whimsy by tucking Christmas accents in unexpected places like this trio of bottle brush trees. 



Here's a view of the faux fireplace in my dining room. 






My mantel decor this year is a bit of a departure for me. Although I am not a huge fan of macrame, I couldn't resist this whimsical Christmas tree I found on clearance last year. I found the tiny sheet music star garland at a craft show years ago. 



After creating a simple centerpiece mixing faux, fresh, and dried botanicals, I simply switched out the white pumpkins I used through Thanksgiving...



...with mercury glass ornaments and a festive sign for Christmas and even New Year's Day. 



I fell in love with the Christmas-y pattern on these tiny transferware plates that were probably originally part of a salt pillar set. They were a thrifted bargain and just the right size for a sweet treat. 



If you were here, I'd offer you some divine homemade fudge. The miniature star cookie cutter shape adds such a festive touch! Next on the tour are Anne and AnnMarie at Simply 2 Moms--I can't wait to check out their tips for decorating with greenery! 




Christmas Home Tour

Blogger's Best Christmas Home Tour


My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love your holiday home tour Cecilia! It's beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cecilia, i really love your Christmas decor this year! The oranges and pinks together with your aquas and green are very soothing. That joy pillow from placemats is terrific, the tray with deer so peaceful. I just love it all. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cecilia! I love you dried oranges and that nativity scene!! For sure going to try the dried oranges next year! I love that your nativity was passed down to you. That makes it even more special!! Gorgeous Christmas Home Tour!! XoXo Aliya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all the details you included in your Christmas tour! The dried oranges look wonderful everywhere you added them in. And love that tip about using white colored pencils for stenciling. I'm definitely gonna give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your holiday decor! The oranges are such a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you've styled all of your vintage and thrift store finds for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your Christmas inspiration Cecilia. I especially love your frosted candle votives and dried oranges. Only wish I could be there to share some homemade fudge with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous home- love all of your thrifted Christmas finds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cecilia... your Christmas touches in your home are a lovely mix of vintage and new! Love those vintage reindeer in the tray... and all the orange slices. I love how the color is so vibrant! Did you dry those yourself? Pinned, and looking forward to sharing on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia,
    So many wonderful holidays vignettes. So happy to be sharing my home with this talented group this week.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed all of your decor, especially how your Nativity set is in the center of it all. My ex once asked me why I had 2 Nativity sets (one on the coffee table, one on the entertainment center). My answer: "Because I can." I'd collect them all if I had space! I always make sure I have several Nativity themed ornaments at eye level on my tree, too. Your oranges came out so nicely; I did some oranges and limes and thought I'd try some simmering pot pourri. I started my Christmas music just after Halloween--the earliest ever as it is an "upper" for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecilia you outdid yourself this year! Your Christmas decor is beautiful and I love your theme! You have that magical touch of mixing old and new! So pretty!
    Xoxo,
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your chalkboard tip, Cecilia; they look awesome. I love using Christmas carols as decor inspiration. Your Nativity set is precious; so glad you have that treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks so lovely! I wish my whole house was decorated:) And that nativity -- we had the same one growing up! I still have most of it. I recognized the Alleluia angel, Mary, baby Jesus and the sheep! How cool is that? Wish we could get together for the holiday! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home looks fantastic decorated for Christmas! My vintage loving heart admired all of the vintage that you used to decorate your home, especially the way you styled your vintage nativity. It was a pleasure to tour your home this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Cecilia! As always, your home is warm and inviting. I love your theme and how you wove it throughout your Christmas displays. Everything looks wonderful! And yes please, I’ll take a piece of fudge! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your home is so beautiful and inviting! I just love your collection of bottle brush trees as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for including the birth of the Christ child in your Christmas decor. After all, He is the reason for this party!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such a beautiful home, Cecelia! I lOVE all the vintage items you have incorporated into your decor! Thank you for sharing your lovely Christmas home with us!

    Hugs,

    Tee @ Teediddlydee.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your use of oranges in your Christmas decor! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your vintage touches are so splendid, Cecilia! I had planned to dry oranges this Christmas, and your pretty orange accents are giving me the push I need. I especially love how you add vintage frames to store-bought decor. Thanks for the fishing line tip, by the way! Hugs, Crissy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love every detail Cecilia, your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!