Brilliant Colors of Fall Tour from My Texas Home


Happy Monday, Friends! Today I am excited to participate in the Brilliant Colors of Fall Home Tour hosted by Kelly at The Tattered Pew and Mansa from This is Simplicite. Come see how I mix natural elements, cozy textures, and vintage treasures in my home, and you' can also tour lovely fall inspiration from several different blogs each day this week...

fall home tour

If you've hopped over after visiting Kelly at The Tattered Pew, welcome! Isn't Kelly's home beautiful? If you're new here, you've probably gathered from my blog's name that my decor features a lot of thrifted, repurposed, and upcycled finds. I'm also partial to vintage decor. As a a self-confessed dishaholic, I collect vintage jadeite and transferware. {Check out my jadeite collection and fall tablescape, here!}

fall home tour

Throughout the tour, when I mention thrifted or clearance finds, I am referring to pre-pandemic purchases. I shopped my home and garden this year for seasonal decor with the exception of this pastel pumpkin pillow I bought with a coupon. Over the years, I've collected  transferware from thrift stores and yard sales to create this plate gallery on the dining room wall. {Find out more about collecting vintage transferware, here!}

fall home tour

Last year I repurposed a thrifted ugly duckling dresser to create this beautiful sideboard/buffet table. It's quite long with lots of drawers for storage. It's to the right of the plate gallery.

fall home tour

In Texas, it will probably be late October before the leaves change colors, but I still enjoy using natural elements.

fall home tour

I picked the wildflowers in my neighborhood. 

fall home tour

Eucalyptus, acorns, and a single white pumpkin create a soothing color palette. 

fall home tour

fall home tour

Moving to the living room, this toile chair is an estate sale makeover, and I even found the fabric at a yard sale. I enjoy featuring seasonal decor in this giant vintage frame that I upcycled after scoring it for $2 at a warehouse sale. I am fond of whimsical accents like the marquis light pumpkin. I recently stenciled the Hello Pumpkin pillow using a dollar store stencil and a Sharpie. Stay tuned--I'll be sharing a how-to on the blog soon. {TIP: Save money and storage space by decorating both sides of pillows--this one features a Christmas design on the flip side.}

fall home tour

This unique chandy was a bargain find at a vintage market. {See how I used vintage jewelry to upcycle my chandy, here!} The yarn tassel garland was a Target clearance purchase--I like layering different textures for the season. 

fall home tour

Here's a view of the living room. I painted the vibrant turquoise wall about seven years ago, and I still love it as much as I did when I selected the color. {Read more about my thrifted vintage upcycles and decor, here}

fall home tour

I named my blush colored vintage sofa, Rosie. She is one of the few pieces of furniture in my home that was not a makeover--I discovered her newly recovered at one of my favorite thrift stores before the color became so popular. Would you believe I almost didn't buy her because I was slightly hesitant about the color? I'm so glad I brought her home because I adore how she complements the turquoise wall.  

fall home tour

Velvet pillows and a cozy crocheted throw on the sofa and a trio of dollar store velvet pumpkins on the armoire add more warm textures to the room.  

fall home tour

Rosie may have been pristine when I found her, but this upcycled gray sofa was the exact opposite when I brought it home from a yard sale for $10. Five years have passed, and the chalk painted piece is probably my favorite makeover to date. To truly appreciate it, check out the before pics, here!

fall home tour

Vintage pewter, milk glass, and a blush glass clearance candlestick from Pier One pair nicely with a thrifted tray on the ottoman, while more natural elements and a stack of vintage books adorn the sofa table. 

fall home tour

You've probably noticed my fondness for signs and decor with messages. 

fall home tour

The frame was just the right size for several more acorns! 

fall home tour

Here is a view of my dining room, gallery wall, and mantel featuring the vintage school chalkboard I scored for $1.

fall home tour

I kept the mantel decor simple, using bead garland, pewter candlesticks, green apples...


...leaves, and a single pumpkin. 

fall home tour

fall home tour

If you're like me, and chalkboard art is not your forte, see how to stencil a chalkboard, here!

fall home tour

Thanks so much for stopping by, and Happy Fall, y'all! Be sure to visit Kim from Shiplap and Shells  to see her charming home, and scroll down to visit the other bloggers each day this week! 


Brilliant Colors of Fall

Sharing with me today...

Monday




And sharing the rest of the week...

Tuesday


Wednesday



Thursday

Friday


My Thrift Store Addiction

fall home tour


My Thrift Store Addiction


Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecilia, your plate and wall collection took my breath away. I luved it🙋🏼‍♀️ Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Cecilia and your piece turned buffet is pretty. Nice to meet Rosie too. Love your chalkboard too.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful, Cecilia. I adore your pretty transferware collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your signs in your home, Cecilia... especially the verse on the chalkboard. And your blush sofa is lovely, too! Gotta love those thrifty finds that work out better than you expect, right? I need to visit Pier 1 for some clearance items myself! Love hopping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your plate collection that is displayed so beautifully on your wall could be my favorite, but I'm just not sure. There are so many incredible things to see. And I love your chalkboard. You have such an amazing style. Thank you for the fall inspiration today Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecilia is my middle name. I wish it would have been my first. Such a pretty name! And your home is so sweet and welcoming. I love how brave you are with color! So pretty! Fall is certainly in the air at your home! Thanks for the lovely tour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was so enjoyable to see how you've decorated for fall, Cecilia. You find the best things out thrifting and use them to make your home look lovely. Rosie was an incredible find and she looks so good in front of your turquoise wall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia I love your plate wall collection and touches of turquoise! Your home looks so pretty for fall! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks wonderful! So glad to have met you through this Fall Home Tour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia!!! Your Fall Home Tour was beautiful! I love the simple subtle Fall decor you have all over your home! I'm so glad to have met you through this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the sideboard buffet. Perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cecilia your fall tour was beautiful! I have to say that I too name my furniture and Rosie is precious. My porch pew is named Fanny! I also love your vintage chalkboard that you scored for $1 , you styled it beautifully!!!Thanks for joining the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have so many pretty fall touches throughout your home! Love that beautiful chalkboard and also your collection of plates!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cecilia, I think this is the first time I've seen your space in its entirety. It looks so great! I love the wall with dishes (of course), and the color combos of the turquoise, gray and pink. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cecelia!!
    Love the beautiful colors of your walls!! Gorgeous!! Everything looks so pretty!!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for letting me know that you did by leaving a comment!! Stay safe, healthy and happy!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love that plate wall and pumpkin pillow!! Beautiful Fall touches.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So beautifully styled Cecelia! Your plate wall is my favorite! Thank you so much for joining us on this tour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many pretty vintage details, and I love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your plate wall, how beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful Fall inspiration with the pops of colour and your amazing thrifted finds! In love with that dresser and how you styled it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved your tour and seeing more of the beautiful pieces you've thrifted and found! I am swooning over your dining table and chairs and that chalkboard! ~ Kristin | White Arrows Home

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely home! And I adore your chalkboard - what a perfect reminder during this season. So happy to be a part of this tour with you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your home has such a serene, peaceful vibe to it with a tongue in cheek sense of humor, too. I always love seeing what you have done for decor the the seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your whole tour, especially the pops of teal - so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Cecilia, your home tour is wonderful, and that blushing pink sofa, oh my, what a wonderful buy. I'm glad it landed in your home because it looks perfect for your style.
    RR

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!