Homemade Biscotti: Comfort from my Kitchen

Happy Monday, Friends! Fall is the perfect time to bake homemade biscotti to enjoy with your coffee or add to gift baskets for friends or family. Today I'm sharing my recipe for almond biscotti with cranberries, pecans, and pepitas...

homemade biscotti

 After my brother had surgery, I wanted to send him a care package of baked goodies to enjoy while he was recuperating, and he requested biscotti.  Although, I added a harvest blend of pecans, cranberries, and pepitas to this batch, you can stir in whatever you like, dip it in chocolate, or opt for plain almond. 

homemade biscotti

Here's what you'll need: 

1 stick melted butter * 1 cup sugar
2 eggs * 1 teaspoon vanilla * 2 teaspoons almond extract
2 3/4 cups flour* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder *1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional: 1 cup desired stir-in

homemade biscotti

Start by creaming melted butter and sugar together. Next, add eggs and extracts. Then, gradually stir in sifted dry ingredients, and optional stir-in. Last, using floured hands, form two logs of batter on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake at 300 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool, slice with a serrated knife, and bake sliced biscotti until crisp. Store in an air-tight container. 

homemade biscotti


My Thrift Store Addiction


homemade biscotti


My Thrift Store Addiction signature









Would you like to comment?

  1. Cecilia

    These are great and love biscotti. It's so easy to make and I so many versions.

    Hope your brother recovers quickly

    Thanks for sharing!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love biscotti, Cecilia, but have only had store bought. I pinned this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried baking biscotti; this recipe may just be the encouragement I need. I love the ones that have the bottoms dipped in chocolate with a cuppa! My SO doesn't like nuts in things; I may make a batch for just me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can almost smell them! Yum! I consider myself a baker but I've never made these. Great inspiraiton. xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing Cecilia. I’m featuring you this week at Charming Homes and Gardens. Pinned🙋🏼‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks absolutely amazing Cecilia! Pinned! So glad you shared this with us at Charming Homes and Gardens.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!