Support Small Business Saturday for the Holidays: Shop Local Handmade and Vintage


Happy Wednesday, Friends! Did you know Small Business Saturday is coming up this weekend? As the small business owner of two Etsy shops, I try to support other small businesses and also to shop locally during the holidays. Last weekend I shopped two local holiday sales: Vintage Market Days and an annual church sale. I enjoyed both so much that I wanted to share them with you....


Shop local Chunky throw and fluffy pouf


This rosy chunky throw and fluffy pouf caught my eye right away! Aren't they dreamy? The Apostolic Church Craft Sale is an annual event, that I'm sure not to miss--it never disappoints! As a thrifty DIYer, I tend to be quite selective in my purchases, but I always come home with a few treasures and I'm happy to support churches in my community.  I'll be sharing my selections from both sales on Friday. In previous years, I found a vintage vanity mirror and a tree crafted from bed springs. The talented group of crafters always provide on trend favorites, beautifully made and reasonably priced. This year there was a nice assortment of inspirational farmhouse signs. 


Shop local handmade farmhouse signs


Boho style macrame wall hangings and ever popular floral hoop wreaths were also plentiful. 


Shop local macrame and floral hoop wreath


Isn't this fern and succulent hoop lovely?


Shop local succulent hoop wreath


This repurposed lamp put me in mind of the chippy can I scored at an estate sale several weeks ago. Isn't it fun? 


Shop local repurposed vintage can lamp


There is always a wonderful selection of creative Christmas decor and gifts. I know many of you share my fondness for alternative wreaths. This festive frame wreath is so pretty. 


shop local frame holiday wreath


A Christmas sign featuring lyrics from O Holy Night was one of my favorites. 


shop local Handmade Christmas sign


This wreath is the picture of coziness with its wrapped flannel and snowy forest of bottle brush trees and could be used through the winter months.


shop local bottle brush Christmas wreath


There is also a tempting selection of homemade baked goods available. The annual Kerrville Apostolic Church Craft Sale is held the second Friday and Saturday of November and opens at 9:00. It's worth the trip if you are anywhere near the area, but plan to arrive early--return shoppers are there when the doors open! 


shop local homemade baked goods


The following day I was out doing some errands when I noticed a sign for Vintage Market Days. I made a last minute decision to drop by and I'm glad I did. With it being the holiday show, it was very crowded so I only snapped a few photos this time but you can check out more photos from my first visit, here.


Shop local Vintage Market Days


Heart of the Home had a darling display of retro home goods. I saw a lot of the same kitchenware that I have in my vintage cottage kitchen. 


shop local vintage kitchenware


This booth was swamped so I wasn't able to get a card, but what a charming vintage transferware vignette! 


shop local for the holidays


At my last two stops, I found items that have been on my list and in my excitement forgot to take photos of the charming booths. Reclaimed Fate sent me these gorgeous photos. 


shop local vintage
Photo courtesy of Reclaimed Fate


I absolutely love this vintage buggy filled with greenery and treasures! 


shop local vintage
Photo courtesy of Reclaimed Fate


There was so much vintage goodness to be discovered at The Shabby Flea Cottage!{Remember, I'll be sharing what I bought at the last two booths on Friday.}


shop local vintage
 Photo courtesy of The Shabby Flea Cottage


My Thrift Store Addiction


support small business shop local


I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving, friends! Kathleen and I will be spending time with family so the Vintage Charm party will resume on November 30! 

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Party link



Would you like to comment?

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing array of handmade goodness! Oh, I could have spent all day there looking at the goodies :)

    Happy Thanksgiving to you, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish I could.... got a football game to go to. My husband and I have started shopping at small businesses as a general rule. All of the antique stores that we shop at are run by families in our community. Keeping it local.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love seeing your pictures. It seems all of our antique stores are closing down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see all the handmade goodies & ideas! I love the concept of supporting local businesses too! Enjoyed your pictures of the displays! I would love to visit one of these markets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the red dishes. We just had a Vintage Market Days in McKinney TX last weekend and it was wonderful too. Looking forward to seeing all your purchases and more of the shops/vendors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh, I would love to have shopped those sales with you. Can't wait to see what you found.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both look like places you would have had to drag me out of! So much to see and to ooh and aah over! Can't wait to see what you got!
    xo Kathleen|Our Hopeful Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your pictures. Our church fair is gonna do a second session on 12/2 when there are a lot of local fairs the same day. SOOO, our local GW had 1/2 price on all donated stuff Wed. and I hit it hard; now I feel better about missing the other fairs! Can't wait to see your treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow! So many amazing options! Thank you for sharing at Tuesdays with a Twist. I hope you can join us again this week! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!