Elegantly Eerie Arachnophile Tea Party

Happy Tuesday, Friends! Welcome to the Halloween Tablescape Hop hosted by my dear friend, Rita from Panoply. Today I've combined elegant vintage china, a nontraditional color palette and some eerie little guests to create a playful tea party--please pull up a chair

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

If you've dropped by after visiting Lynne from Thrifting Wonderland, weren't her ghoulish gourds fun? Now I will be the first to admit that I am definitely more of an arachnophobe than an arachnophile, but for the sake of our whimsical tea party let's pretend! 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

Please help yourself to a macaron, and can I pour you a cuppa?

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

Don't mind our creepy-crawly friends--they're just hungry! 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

I shopped my home and repurposed this salvaged chandy to create a whimsically wicked centerpiece. 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

Stay tuned--next week I'll be sharing the details for styling it! 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

You've probably noticed my fondness for nontraditional colors when it comes to seasonal decor. 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

The sheer gauzy table scarf and gold metallic napkins were both previous clearance finds I had on hand. 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

My assortment of spooky spiders in different sizes are mostly collected from the dollar store and thrift shops. 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

Dried garden roses seemed more fitting than fresh for this spooky table. 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table

I'm so glad you stopped by today! 

nontraditional elegant Halloween table


My Thrift Store Addiction


nontraditional elegant Halloween table

Next on the hop is Sandra from Dinner at Eight, and you're in for a treat! Please scroll down to visit the rest of today's featured tablescapes! 



Panoply - There's a Little Witch in All of Us

Home is Where the Boat Is - Halloween Rules

Hyacinths for the Soul - Pumpkin Wishes and Candy Corn Kisses

Everyday Living - A Grand(s) Halloween Party

The Bookish Dilettante - October Vignette: Think Pink!

Thrifting Wonderland - Dinner With Ghoulish Gourds

My Thrift Store Addiction - Elegantly Eerie Arachnophile Tea Party

Life and Linda - Happy Boo Tablescape

The Painted Apron - The Witch's Hat

Me and My Captain - Black is the New Orange

Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Broom Parking - Halloween Tablescape

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love, love, love your sparkly pumpkins and table setting! Very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your arachnophile theme tablescape, Cecilia! Especially the cool looking spider web decorated plates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sequined pumpkin is gorgeous with the pink. Your spiders look fun, not scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cecelia, I enjoyed your tea party very much, it is elegantly spooky! I love your color palette of black, white pink and gold. How clever to use a chandy for the centerpiece, and the way you styled it with dried roses and Boo. I'll have my tea without the spider please and please pass the macarons!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink addition to the black and white for your Halloween tea Cecilia! I’ve seen so much pink for Halloween for the first time this year. So fun you repurposed your chandy for your table centerpiece! I consider myself more of an arachnophobe than an arachnophile too. 😊 As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table and hop with you. Happy October!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cecilia, I absolutely love everything about your table! The addition of pink is a wonderful departure and the repurposed chandy is divine. All the spiders are so much fun and the sequined pumpkin is gorgeous - did you do that yourself? It was such fun to visit your table and happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your spiders certainly set the mood for Halloween! The Macarons look delish (I havent had on in years!!). Happy creepy crawlin' season!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cecilia, so glad the spiders are not real just a bit creepy. The sequined pumpkin is so pretty by the pink plates glass pillar and roses.
    Happy October Blessings
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the pink. The creepy spider not so much because I hate spiders. At least they are fake....LOL The macarons look delicious and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cecilia I love your spiders but I don't love spiders. Did that make sense? LOL I will definitely pull up a chair though. And I also like the non-traditional colors. I can't wait to see how you did the diy on the chandy. You are so clever my friend. Have a wonderful October.
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your arachnophile tea party is super cute! I like how the spiders and webs pop against the white. I also love the pattern of the teacups and saucers. I appreciate your addition of pink to your table. October is the perfect month to display all things pink. After seeing your IG post, I was looking forward to reading your blog post, and it did not disappoint. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that your table had a nice lightness to it even though it was filled with spiders. OOOH! The pink with the sparkly pumpkin works really well together. Have a lovely Halloween!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the prettiest spider table I have ever seen!! Love the pink with the black spiders combination - it sure makes those spiders stand out! Which is a good thing - we would hate to miss one as we are eating a macaron!! Have a fun and safe Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have to start with how clever your centrepiece is! I love it!! The creepy crawling spiders add just enough creep factor! Especially love the little fuzzy ones! The touches of pink add the perfect touch of whimsy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pink seems to be the color for Halloween this year. The spiders seem less frightening with splashes of pink around. Your centerpiece is a great idea! I love your tea party, Cecilia! Happy Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm definitely an arachnophobe, but your whimsical touch makes it all fun and games. Love the dead roses and how you used the chandy for your centerpiece. I'm all in for a new twist on the color or theme for Halloween, so thank you for participating in and bringing another alternative to the blog hop tabletop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Spider webs equal deserted houses and are definitely spooky, though your spiders are on the cute side, especially the fuzzy one. But don't tell my arachnophobic daughter! I love how you used the chandelier and dried roses to set the stage for faded elegance! Enjoy your nontraditional Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your pink for the tablescape--such an elegant touch! I understand you for my daughter haunts every thrift store in town. I shall be back to check out your site on another day--loved my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Like Rita, I'm in the arachnophobe group having had a terrible experience with a Brown Recluse in my early twenties, but I find your table full of charm. The pink glass offers just the right diversion. No, seriously, your spiders look friendly. Thanks for sharing this fun table. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not a fan of spiders, but your table is positively festive! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adore all your sweet crawly friends - they seem to be after your macaroons! I love your use of pink and gold, and your tea ware is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eww!!
    I do not like spiders!
    I recently attended a wedding, and they had spiders, cockroaches, and lizards, all over the tables made out of chocolate. Even though she was my best friend, I thought it was weird.

    I think you’ve succeeded in your creepy vibe,

    Thank you for sharing this at the Sunday sunshine blog hop

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love everything about this beautiful tablescape. The non-traditional colors and elegance. Just gorgeous and featuring when my party opens!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Cecilia - I love that you have such a distinct style and thumb print with your designs. It's so fun that you incorporated Halloween decor into your tablescape. (And it still clearly says "Cecilia") Thank you for sharing your post with the Home Imagined Link party.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!