Handmade and Vintage for the Holidays: Friday's Find #225

Thank God it's thrifty Friday! Recently I attended a local church holiday craft sale and vintage market. Today I'm sharing my finds from both. First, can we talk about this sweet little handmade doily garland? 

handmade doily garland

Now I know what you're probably thinking, with all of my vintage linens, do I really need more doilies? Well, did I mention they are adorably fun sized? Seriously, as an avid DIYer, I'm pretty selective when I attend craft shows. I bet many of you are too. However, as I've mentioned before, I've learned from experience that when I feel inexplicably drawn to an item, there's usually a reason. While there's certainly no shortage of doilies at my house, I rarely find the 3"-4" variety like these. I was immediately drawn to the simplicity of the garland and when I counted the number for the price, it was very reasonable and so it came home with me. Little did I know that it would serve as inspiration for much of my holiday decor this year! Here's a little sneak peek...


handmade garland doily

This beautiful blush ombre scarf is also from the church craft sale. As I said before, it's one talented group of ladies. You can see more of their craftsmanship, here.

handmade pink ombre scarf

The last several finds are from Vintage Market Days. Can you tell what this is? Maybe the architectural salvage junkies out there know! It's a slat from a vintage shutter and I have something very specific in mind for it! 


Vintage shutter slat

Remember when I told you I found a few things that I've had on my list? After hunting all over Round Top during Texas Antiques Week for vintage door plates, and coming home with just one, I found two at Reclaimed Fate! That's what I call Providence ;) 


vintage door plates

You may have noticed when I shared tips for creating a beautiful home on a budget, that after doing some rearranging I had borrowed the mini chandy from my laundry room. I knew it was too small for the living room and that eventually I'd find something better suited for the space...

laundry room mini chandy

...and my last find is this wonderfully shabby chandy from The Shabby Flea Cottage! At some point, I may have Favorite Son wire it, but for now I hung it so I can live with it for a spell and decide if I want to make any changes. Who else does that? It's pretty perfect as is--despite the chippy shabbiness, it's smooth to the touch and seems to have been waxed or sealed. Thank you, Laquita! I'm just considering painting the green details the same creamy ivory to pop against the turquoise wall. I plan to add crystals too. It's in the corner next to Rosie, so the pink is definitely staying! I'm a little torn right now, but I know one day I'll walk by it and I'll just know. In the meantime, I welcome your feedback

Shabby chic chandy


My Thrift Store Addiction

fabulous vintage finds of the week

I'll be bumping my usual Sunday post to Monday this week, to join a Christmas Porch Tour, hosted by Amy at Atta Girl Says. I'm excited to see all of the festive outdoor inspiration shared by twelve creative bloggers and hope you'll stop by! 

Christmas Porch Tour


Until next time, happy hunting!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


Would you like to comment?

  1. Love your finds this week. I may borrow your doily garland idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Thanks for the ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the doily garland. Would look great on a tree!! Now I am itching to go antiquing.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!