Estate Sale Salvage: Friday's Find #220


Thank God it's thrifty Friday, Friends! When you shop an estate sale, where do you start? While I've found some great buys on vintage dishes, linens, and furniture from estate sales, you might be surprised by the place I look first....


estate sale finds


....the garage! The garage at this sale had an eclectic assortment of odds and ends and architectural salvage. The first thing I saw was this wonderfully chippy antique gas can, which has already found a home in my garden. Next, came these fabulous metal letter stencils. They were stuck in a damp cigar box full of paper stencils that weren't worth keeping, and by the paint marks, it appears the previous owner used them as stencils. However, the metal casing on the sides of each piece makes me wonder if they were originally used for signage--drop me a comment if you know. Either way, I can't wait to use these in a project!


estate sale finds


This pair of vintage baluster spindles will definitely be getting a thrifty upcycle. 


estate sale finds


After the popularity of the first vintage spoon display I repurposed as a farmhouse style herb drying rack, I've been on the lookout for others. I currently have one Available


estate sale finds


Last but not least, this mailbox is a similar style to the one I grew up with. Stay tuned--I have plans for it....


estate sale finds


My Thrift Store Addiction



estate sale finds


Until next time, happy hunting!

My Thrift Store Addiction signature


You may also enjoy:


estate sale finds



estate sale finds




party link

Would you like to comment?

  1. Love that gas can! Can't wait to see what you do with the rest. The letters look like stencils but I have no idea! They're cool - I can think of some fun things to do with them! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finds....those stencils look like one that are used to form words that you can stencil on large items. At least that is what they look like in the pic. My dad had some similar...he would connect them...then stencil the whole word....can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband heads straight to the garage and then basement at estate sales while I cover the dishes and knick knacks. Hubby has refurbished many mailboxes similar to yours and others and they have sold well in our etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds as usual! Veralynne is right; the grooved edge of the letter hooks to the next one so that the spacing of the word is even. Can't wait to see how you upcycle the balusters and mailbox; it reminds me of an old candlebox. Looks like dishtowel/potholder hooks to me! One of those hammered finished paints might be awesome on it! I've scored 2 souvenier spoon racks, too. Need time to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun finds, Cecilia! Love the stencils...I always start in the garage and the basement at sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat stuff Cecilia ... looking forward to seeing what you will do with the brass stencils. I have a full set and they hook together for correct spacing. Have fun with your projects. You always seem to know what you are going to do with something when you buy it. I am just the opposite.
    Hugs,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds especially the yellow gas can! Thank you for sharing at Snickerdoodle.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!