Create A Relaxing Garden Retreat!

Happy Spring Friends! I don't know about you but I have really enjoyed getting outside after our recent crazy weather. Whether you have a small patio or a large yard that needs some inspiration, you can create a peaceful, relaxing retreat in your outdoor space.   Let's take a stroll to the garden...

Cozy garden nook

I have arranged cozy seating for dining or reclining.  The bistro set and chaise are both yard sale purchases--each received a fresh coat of lime green paint. A bamboo screen helps camouflage a grill and air conditioning unit on the other side.  Sold as fencing material, it comes in quite handy and is an inexpensive alternative to cover my game fencing . It can be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot in 6' x 8' sheets for around $25. Since flowers inspire me, the space also includes plenty of petals in pots plus a blooming ground cover. A soothing water feature is one of my very favorite things for relaxation in the garden.   A wall fountain hangs on the brick, it will be featured in another photo. 

Relaxing garden retreat 

A closer look at the chaise--wouldn't you like to snuggle up here with a good book? I like to include little side tables for holding books, drinks, etc.  I often pick them up while thrifting. Here a soft garden stool is featured for double duty.  Next to the wall, a thrifted piece of iron fencing now painted blue, serves as a trellis for fragrant honeysuckle. When it blooms next month, the scent will be heavenly! Notice how using a brightly colored cushion adds another dimension of color to nature's greens.  This girl is not a fan of using earth tones in the garden!    

Seasonal garden blooms

Planting colorful petunias in my arched metal plant stand--a bargain from Laredo and one of my first purchases for the garden. It not only adds visual interest but makes a great divider when you want to create separate areas.


Free standing plant display

Below is the water feature I mentioned. I scored this several years ago on clearance! I find the sound of a bubbling fountain so calming....


Wall fountain water feature

Bright colored zinnias make gorgeous container plants! 

Zinnias

Thanks for stopping by--come again soon! 

Petunias

Do you have a favorite spot in your garden?  I would love to hear how you make it warm and inviting! 

Signature My Thrift Store Addiction



MY HEARTFELT THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING FOR FEATURING THIS POST:

                                                  Centerpiece Wednesday





Party link


Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!