Nest Storage

Greetings Friends! With my weekly thrifting jaunts, I have to be very careful that my bargains don't turn into clutter. It has been an ongoing challenge to organize my studio--the room where my Etsy shop and DIY supplies reside. When I recently upcycled an old dresser and gave it a place of honor showcasing my cherished family photos, I knew just the spot for the table it replaced.

Repurpose table as storage shelves

Inspired by the dresser transformation, I was finally ready to tackle the chaos that needed my attention. I painted it white to match the thrifted coffee table that was currently holding the growing clutter.  My original plan was to stack them to form shelves but the legs of each just missed by being too wide for the table tops.  However, I was able to nest the lower table underneath to form functional storage and more still, by adding a Vintage white Samsonite I found at a yard sale.


Repurposed shelves

On the top table I stacked baskets for storage; most from thrift stores and a few bargains from Ross. The white crates and baskets on the lower table were also thrifted. The Samsonite was perfect for bulkier items, and even my sweet pink Pyrex functions as storage for wooden spools.

Apothecary jars are pretty and practical as contents stored are always visible.  Any time I see a good buy, I pick them up.  Here a small one holds scrabble tiles which  I use for gift projects--something else I look for on a regular basis. Another holds spools of ribbon allowing me to see at a glance which colors I have available without hunting.  Last but not least, I found this charming pink bird cage pedestal at a thrift store in a neighboring city, on my way to an appointment.  Already perfectly pink, I knew I could use it to for decorative storage, and sure enough these larger ribbon spools fit just right! 


Repurpose tables for shelving

Have you organized anything in your nest lately?  I would love to hear your storage solutions!


Mix vintage and new





Party link

Would you like to comment?

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!