DIY Jadeite Jack-O'-Lanterns

Happy Tuesday, Friends! It's time for another Creative Craft blog hop hosted this month by Donna from Modern on Monticello. I really enjoy changing things up for different seasons, but I've come to the point that I prefer to do so without accumulating more stuff!  If you can relate, check out my use-what-you-have craft

DIY Jadeite Jack O' Lantern

If you hopped over after visiting Sara from Birdz of a Feather, isn't her crocheted can cozy the cutest? Welcome! Let me start with a disclaimer: No vintage dishes were permanently altered while making this craft! All you need is some black/chalkboard stickers for the faces--I bet you have some in your craft stash--and a pair of scissors. I usually shy away from freehand designs, but the facial shapes are easy enough to cut and they don't need to be perfect to be cute! 

DIY Jadeite Jack O' Lantern

The fun thing about this craft is that you can personalize it according to your preferences and then remove the faces after Halloween if desired. Maybe you don't have jadeite but collect ironstone, or there's absolutely no reason you can't use dollar store dishes to create a similar whimsical grouping. Take a look in your kitchen, cabinet, or hutch. What pieces do you have that would make cute jack-o'-lanterns? I started my vignette with the batter bowl and then realized that the oval platter displayed vertically would be boo-tiful too! 

DIY Jadeite Jack O' Lantern

Last but not least, I crafted a mini using a mug. I added flowers and herbs to give them more personality but you could use candles instead if you prefer. I'm so glad you stopped by today! Next up is Donna from Modern on Monticello--check out her festive fall door hanger and then be sure to scroll down for more crafty inspiration! 

DIY JAdeite Jack O' Lantern

My Thrift Store Addiction

DIY Jadeite Jack O' Lanterns

Easy Halloween Garland

Jute Trinket Box

Crochet Can Cozy

DIY Jadeite Jack-O'-Lanterns

Easy Fall Door Hanger Instead Of A Wreath

DIY Halloween Sign Craft Idea with BOO ghosts

How to Make Turkey-Themed Thanksgiving Place Cards

DIY NUTCRACKER STAFF

Fall Wine Glasses



My Thrift Store Addiction signature

Would you like to comment?

  1. My favourite colour is green; I can't believe I don't have a collection of Jadeite. I love this project so much, I'm going to be on the hunt for some now! The chalk board faces are brilliant! Are the plants in the batter bowl real or faux? If real, I'd love to know what they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Jadeite is so pretty Cecilia and it looks so cute with the removable Halloween faces! Great idea!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you had too much fun making making these jack-o' lanterns, Cecilia! I love how you created the faces! So cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the subtle look of the jack-o-lanterns you created for Halloween. What a great idea to use stickers! Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cecilia, what a smart way to make easy decorations for Halloween. So easy, and doesn’t cost anything. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable! And I love that you can just as easily return them to their boo-tiful state!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to read your thoughtful comments and enjoy responding to each one! I will respond to your comments here. You may check back to see my response or check the "notify me" box. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!